Leaving Stuff Blank

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Chickensoup

Leaving Stuff Blank

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:10 am

I f*cked up one of my apps. Left a lot of the optional stuff blank. Didn't list my major or the position titles for my jobs. Forgot to add home and evening phone. All that minor stuff.

Will this hurt me? Is there anything I can do? All of the information was on my attached resume of course, but I am just pissed that I forgot to put it on the app.

Chickensoup

Re: Leaving Stuff Blank

Postby Chickensoup » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Chickensoup wrote:I f*cked up one of my apps. Left a lot of the optional stuff blank. Didn't list my major or the position titles for my jobs. Forgot to add home and evening phone. All that minor stuff.

Will this hurt me? Is there anything I can do? All of the information was on my attached resume of course, but I am just pissed that I forgot to put it on the app.

bump.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:I f*cked up one of my apps. Left a lot of the optional stuff blank. Didn't list my major or the position titles for my jobs. Forgot to add home and evening phone. All that minor stuff.

bump.

Did the exact same thing but with only one section. Hoping that they will just say oh he listed it on his resume no big deal but I am equally as pissed at myself

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 pm

There's no way of knowing for sure. I've heard stories of people getting into school X even with "I really want to come to school Y" in their personal statements, so as long as the info is in there in some form it's not going to mean automatic rejection. Just take a breath and try not to think about stuff you can't change. And if you've got other apps to submit, proof them more carefully this time.

WhiteyCakes

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Law schools don't care about your home/evening phone. The job stuff isn't the end of the world as long as it is on your resume and your numbers are competitive.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”