Interviews - NU, GULC, Vandy

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Interviews - NU, GULC, Vandy

Postby Crowing » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Does anybody have any input as to how important the interviews are for these schools? It seems like it's pretty much required for NU, but I'm not sure about GULC and Vandy. I want to do everything I can to maximize my chances at every school I'm applying to, but I'm afraid that interviewing might actually hurt my chances because I don't really have any good reasons for why I'd want to go to GULC or Vandy considering they're practically safeties.

Re: Interviews - NU, GULC, Vandy

Postby SaintsTheMetal » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Tag, especially for Vandy.

Re: Interviews - NU, GULC, Vandy

Postby christinenyoung » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:39 am

Just went to a GULC group interview this week. It was a really great experience with the dean of admissions (not an assistant). It was not an interview like you would expect.. the group role played being the adcomm for GULC and he circled around the room listening to what each of the three groups was saying. Then, we went back into a big group. He took note of everyone's name and was very careful about always calling people by their names, even leaving said bye to me and addressed me by my name. He also gave us a nice perspective on the inside of an adcomm.

Awesome experience, highly recommended.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”