.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

.

Postby toothbrush » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:01 pm

.
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Filling in Optional Application Info.

Postby honeybadger12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:04 pm

toothbrush wrote:Hey,

I started filling in the applications for various Law Schools and am curious as to whether to not it helps/hurts to fill in certain information. For instance, when asked about parental information (age, occupation, education) is it better to answer or not? My parents aren't affiliated with anything shocking, but at the same time, they're not lawyers or of some status that may attract law schools.

I'm definitely over-thinking, but should I fill in this section or not?

Thanks!

Fwiw, I asked this question to a Chicago admissions officer; he said that obviously optional questions are optional, but if you leave a lot of optional questions blank it might make an officer wonder why you're withholding the information. I'm going to answer all the optional questions unless there's some good reason not to.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: Filling in Optional Application Info.

Postby toothbrush » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:39 pm

.
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mommalee
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Filling in Optional Application Info.

Postby mommalee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:34 am

honeybadger12 wrote:, I asked this question to a Chicago admissions officer; he said that obviously optional questions are optional, but if you leave a lot of optional questions blank it might make an officer wonder why you're withholding the information. I'm going to answer all the optional questions unless there's some good reason not to.


Do you think this applies to married people filling out their parental information?

User avatar
honeybadger12
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Re: Filling in Optional Application Info.

Postby honeybadger12 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm

mommalee wrote:
honeybadger12 wrote:, I asked this question to a Chicago admissions officer; he said that obviously optional questions are optional, but if you leave a lot of optional questions blank it might make an officer wonder why you're withholding the information. I'm going to answer all the optional questions unless there's some good reason not to.


Do you think this applies to married people filling out their parental information?

honestly i have no idea why they care about anyone's parental info married or not. if anyone knows please enlighten

mysteryprincess
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:35 pm

Re: Filling in Optional Application Info.

Postby mysteryprincess » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:54 am

honeybadger12 wrote:
toothbrush wrote:Hey,

I started filling in the applications for various Law Schools and am curious as to whether to not it helps/hurts to fill in certain information. For instance, when asked about parental information (age, occupation, education) is it better to answer or not? My parents aren't affiliated with anything shocking, but at the same time, they're not lawyers or of some status that may attract law schools.

I'm definitely over-thinking, but should I fill in this section or not?

Thanks!

Fwiw, I asked this question to a Chicago admissions officer; he said that obviously optional questions are optional, but if you leave a lot of optional questions blank it might make an officer wonder why you're withholding the information. I'm going to answer all the optional questions unless there's some good reason not to.


This. Whenever you ask a counselor/admission rep, they say it's optional, but it does make them wonder why you are withholding the info. I fill them out for that reason, because even if you don't have anything to hide persay, it looks like you do.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], MichiganHoosier and 4 guests