More than one Penn essay? Language below

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
taf889

More than one Penn essay? Language below

Postby taf889 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:33 pm

Can anyone figure out if Penn wants/is willing to accept more than one optional essay? I feel I have legitimate reason to write two of them. The language is included here:

Optional Essays

This section is optional.

If you wish, you may write an additional essay on any of the following topics. These optional essays allow you an opportunity to provide the admissions committee with additional relevant information that you were not able to include in your personal statement. Please include the essay with your application by electronically attaching it to your application before submission through LSAC. You may answer more than one essay topic if you so choose. Include your name and LSAC account number on each page. Please limit any optional essay to one page, double spaced and title it appropriately.

Describe how your background or experiences will enhance the diversity of the Penn Law community (e.g., based on your culture, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ideology, age, socioeconomic status, academic background, employment, or personal experience).

Dean Michael A. Fitts has highlighted the core strengths that make Penn Law the best place to receive a rigorous and engaging legal education: genuine integration with associated disciplines; transformative, forward-looking faculty scholarship; highly-regarded experiential learning through urban clinics and our pro bono pledge; innovative, hands-on global engagement; and a manifest commitment to professional development and collegiality. These are the qualities that define Penn Law. What defines you? How do your goals and values match Penn Law’s core strengths?

Describe a time when, as a member of a team, you particularly excelled or were especially frustrated. What was your role within that team? What was the outcome?

If you do not think that your academic record or standardized test scores accurately reflect your ability to succeed in law school, please tell us why.

criminaltheory

Re: More than one Penn essay? Language below

Postby criminaltheory » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm

If you wish, you may write an additional essay on any of the following topics. These optional essays allow you an opportunity to provide the admissions committee with additional relevant information that you were not able to include in your personal statement. Please include the essay with your application by electronically attaching it to your application before submission through LSAC. You may answer more than one essay topic if you so choose. Include your name and LSAC account number on each page. Please limit any optional essay to one page, double spaced and title it appropriately.

To me this reads that you may write one additional essay, limited to one page, that responds to one or more of the essay topics provided.

honeybadger12

Re: More than one Penn essay? Language below

Postby honeybadger12 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:47 am

criminaltheory wrote:

To me this reads that you may write one additional essay, limited to one page, that responds to one or more of the essay topics provided.

To me it reads that you can answer multiple essays but none of them should be longer than a page. I'd call admissions if you're unsure

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”