Feb. LSAT for 2013 Law School Admissions?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ksllaw

Feb. LSAT for 2013 Law School Admissions?

Postby ksllaw » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever taken the FEB. LSAT for admissions to law school that same year? Is it much too late?

Are there ever ANY circumstances in which it would be a good idea to take the FEB. LSAT for admissions to law school that same year?

Thanks for your feedback!!!

tabula rasa

Re: Feb. LSAT for 2013 Law School Admissions?

Postby tabula rasa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:05 pm

It's late enough that it would almost certainly have a negative impact on your cycle, both in terms of acceptances and $ offers. Unless there are mitigating circumstances that absolutely require you to begin next fall, it's better to sit out the cycle for better results next year. And as a bonus, you can always retake if you perform below expectations.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am

Not only is it late, but some schools won't accept a February score for applications for that year (though deadlines have been drifting back to help schools fill their seats).

February is most useful for people who get waitlisted/held after the December LSAT and want to improve their application.

LadyDiabolyn

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:26 pm

I was a Feb LSAT taker for 2012, and yes, it's too late. I did get many favorable responses, and also got information directly from schools that made me realize that applying that late was not a good idea. I decided to wait out a year.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”