Help with Resume, SPACE.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tryingtomakeit

Help with Resume, SPACE.

Postby tryingtomakeit » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:12 pm

This has been asked a million times, but I am down to a few options.

My resume has been over 1 page for about 2 weeks and I am having trouble shortening it. None of the information on my resume is really "pertinent" or important. Basically I can either omit a few organizations I participated in that aren't the most important. Or I could take out all my explanations of my activities in the organizations.

What is the best way to condense my resume, yet still keep all these organizations I've participated in on it. I have already omitted 3. I have participated in about 10 in my college career. I know this unimportant, but I still want law schools to see that I am well rounded.

Thoughts

honeycomb

Re: Help with Resume, SPACE.

Postby honeycomb » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:07 pm

How long are your descriptions? I was in the same boat as you but shortened my description of each org to one sentence, made font size 11 and made the margins very small and it worked

Liquox

Postby Liquox » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:46 pm

cut descriptions and details. your school information should be 2 lines (3 if you have a grad degree): college, high school. descriptions of activities and jobs should be 1 line each (no more than 2 lines and that's if the job had two completely different aspects)

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Liquox wrote:cut descriptions and details. your school information should be 2 lines (3 if you have a grad degree): college, high school. descriptions of activities and jobs should be 1 line each (no more than 2 lines and that's if the job had two completely different aspects)

I can't tell if I'm reading this correctly, but don't put your high school info on the resume.

Other than that, good advice.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”