Questions about LSAC transcript update

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lxhyss

Questions about LSAC transcript update

Postby lxhyss » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi guys,

I sent my transcript to LSAC last year when I'm in my senior year of college and got it evaluated. It was a transcript of 3.5 years and for the last semester, I have no class but a graduation thesis. Due to some reason, I didn't apply for law school last year. Now that I'm applying 13fall, is there any need to send a transcript update(hardly an update since there's nothing new on it except for the score of my graduation thesis, which is already included in my CV) to LSAC? If it do necessary, would it slow my application pace down and put my in a disadvantage? I already sent my application to many schools and if I send an update, will LSAC hold my evaluation report until their reevaluation is done? BTW, I'm an international.

Thank you!

sepeterson211

Re: Questions about LSAC transcript update

Postby sepeterson211 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:24 pm

The ad comm doesn't know that you only took one class during your final semester - you need to send your updated/completed transcript.

VasaVasori

Postby VasaVasori » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:27 pm

Last edited by VasaVasori on Sat May 02, 2015 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mowmissy

Postby mowmissy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm

I sent in my transcripts in my senior year a few years ago as well, but I still ended up needing to send a new undergraduate transcript to LSAC because they needed the transcript to show the degree was conferred. I also had a graduate transcript to send in as well, so I'm not sure if that affected the need to show the bachelor's degree was complete.

Edit: also when you re-request a transcript, on the LSAC form I believe you can check off the box that says "updated transcript," that way they know they've already received it. It didn't take very long for mine to process with LSAC.

lxhyss

Postby lxhyss » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:15 am

mowmissy wrote:I sent in my transcripts in my senior year a few years ago as well, but I still ended up needing to send a new undergraduate transcript to LSAC because they needed the transcript to show the degree was conferred. I also had a graduate transcript to send in as well, so I'm not sure if that affected the need to show the bachelor's degree was complete.

Edit: also when you re-request a transcript, on the LSAC form I believe you can check off the box that says "updated transcript," that way they know they've already received it. It didn't take very long for mine to process with LSAC.

Actually the "update" stuff is what confused me. Everybody told me to check off the "update", but I can't even find it. When I come to the transcript page, I see no difference about the requesting form. Where could I find it anyway?

lxhyss

Postby lxhyss » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:16 am

Thank you for your inputs guys! :D

mowmissy

Postby mowmissy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Maybe your transcript request form is different than mine because you're an international student?

On your transcript page on the LSAC website, each institution that you've attended and listed has a link underneath its name, the link is titled "Transcript Request Form" and clicking this will prompt a PDF to open in a pop-up window.

I'm going to copy and paste the top half of the text in the form as it appears for me (formatting obviously not copied over the same):

Law School Admission Council 662 Penn Street Box 2000-M Newtown, PA 18940-0993
Transcript Request Form

APPLICANT:
This form must be signed and must accompany your transcript in order for Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to match the transcript to your file. You must ask every institution you attended to send an official transcript to LSAC at the address noted above. Transcripts received from any source other than a registrar will not be processed. Please sign this form and forward it to your school registrar. Note: The school may charge for this service.
Important: Please verify that the correct form is sent to each institution.
REGISTRAR:
Please staple this form to the transcript you are sending to the address above. If the transcript is an updated or corrected copy, please check the appropriate box.
Updated Copy Corrected Copy
RE:

(A bar code would be right about here and personal information is included in the lower half of the document, name/address/LSAC #/SSN/Birth Date - and under the personal information is the School's information)

After reading it, seems like the Registrar is the one to check the box, but hey! I did it anyway :)

lxhyss

Postby lxhyss » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:08 pm

mowmissy wrote:Maybe your transcript request form is different than mine because you're an international student?

On your transcript page on the LSAC website, each institution that you've attended and listed has a link underneath its name, the link is titled "Transcript Request Form" and clicking this will prompt a PDF to open in a pop-up window.

I'm going to copy and paste the top half of the text in the form as it appears for me (formatting obviously not copied over the same):

Law School Admission Council 662 Penn Street Box 2000-M Newtown, PA 18940-0993
Transcript Request Form

APPLICANT:
This form must be signed and must accompany your transcript in order for Law School Admission Council (LSAC) to match the transcript to your file. You must ask every institution you attended to send an official transcript to LSAC at the address noted above. Transcripts received from any source other than a registrar will not be processed. Please sign this form and forward it to your school registrar. Note: The school may charge for this service.
Important: Please verify that the correct form is sent to each institution.
REGISTRAR:
Please staple this form to the transcript you are sending to the address above. If the transcript is an updated or corrected copy, please check the appropriate box.
Updated Copy Corrected Copy
RE:

(A bar code would be right about here and personal information is included in the lower half of the document, name/address/LSAC #/SSN/Birth Date - and under the personal information is the School's information)

After reading it, seems like the Registrar is the one to check the box, but hey! I did it anyway :)

It seems international applicants' request form is different

Damn it

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”