UPenn supplemental essays

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
francesfarmer

UPenn supplemental essays

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:58 am

Can anybody tell me what the UPenn supplemental essays are this year?

I already submitted my application with a DS and now I'm freaking out about not writing a "Why Penn?" but their application is weird and might not even have given the opportunity to write a "Why Penn?" It might have been something about a five year plan like it used to be, I guess. Thanks!

comeonletsgo

Re: UPenn supplemental essays

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:40 pm

From the penn c/o 2016 thread:

Optional Essays:

If you wish, you may write an additional essay on any of the following topics. These optional essays allow you an opportunity to provide the admissions committee with
additional relevant information that you were not able to include in your personal statement. Please include the essay with your application by electronically attaching it to your application before submission through LSAC. You may answer more than one essay topic if you so choose. Include your name and LSAC account number on each page.

Please limit any optional essay to one page, double spaced and title it appropriately.

• Describe how your background or experiences will enhance the diversity of the Penn Law community (e.g., based on your culture, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ideology, age, socioeconomic status, academic background, employment, or personal experience).
• Dean Michael A. Fitts has highlighted the core strengths that make Penn Law the best place to receive a rigorous and engaging legal education: genuine integration with associated disciplines; transformative, forward-looking faculty scholarship; highly-regarded experiential learning through urban clinics and our pro bono pledge; innovative, hands-on global engagement; and a manifest commitment to professional development and collegiality. These are the qualities that define Penn Law. What defines you? How do your goals and values match Penn Law’s core
strengths?
• Describe a time when, as a member of a team, you particularly excelled or were especially frustrated. What was your role within that team? What was the
outcome?
• If you do not think that your academic record or standardized test scores accurately reflect your ability to succeed in law school, please tell us why.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Thank you! No wonder I didn't write a "Why Penn?"

I think I might just submit one anyway...?

comeonletsgo

Postby comeonletsgo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

francesfarmer wrote:Thank you! No wonder I didn't write a "Why Penn?"

I think I might just submit one anyway...?

Or maybe the Dean Fitts question? That could be shaped into a Why Penn essay, imo

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Yeah, I suppose that is what its for, huh? I know what I'm doing tonight...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”