Uploading LORs?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Swimp

Uploading LORs?

Postby Swimp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 am

Hi all. I noticed that LSAC now appears to allow recommenders to upload their letters rather than mail them. As far as I know, this was not allowed last cycle, but does anyone know anything about it? Is there any reason why it's not simpler/easier? Because it sounds like it would be simpler and easier.

Swimp

Re: Uploading LORs?

Postby Swimp » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Nobody knows anything about this?

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:48 pm

One more bump.

flops89

Postby flops89 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:32 pm

This is, in fact, now an option. The only added complexity involved is that your recommender must create an account versus mailing in a letter. I simply asked my recommenders which option they would prefer except one older guy. I just assumed paper was easier for him and gave him the form and an envelope.

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

flops89 wrote:This is, in fact, now an option. The only added complexity involved is that your recommender must create an account versus mailing in a letter. I simply asked my recommenders which option they would prefer except one older guy. I just assumed paper was easier for him and gave him the form and an envelope.

Thank you! I did some more poking around the LSAC site and everything you're saying seemed to be right. I called LSAC to be sure, and the guy I talked to told me that the online option just emails the forms to the recommenders, but that they still have to print them out and mail them.

I guess LSAC does as good a job explaining their services to their employees as they do their customers.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm going to ask my recommenders which they prefer and then cross my fingers. This would really be one fewer thing to worry about right now.

flops89

Postby flops89 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Swimp wrote:
flops89 wrote:This is, in fact, now an option. The only added complexity involved is that your recommender must create an account versus mailing in a letter. I simply asked my recommenders which option they would prefer except one older guy. I just assumed paper was easier for him and gave him the form and an envelope.

Thank you! I did some more poking around the LSAC site and everything you're saying seemed to be right. I called LSAC to be sure, and the guy I talked to told me that the online option just emails the forms to the recommenders, but that they still have to print them out and mail them.

I guess LSAC does as good a job explaining their services to their employees as they do their customers.

Anyway, thanks again. I'm going to ask my recommenders which they prefer and then cross my fingers. This would really be one fewer thing to worry about right now.

Yea it's def a time saver. I feel bad for anyone else who talks to that guy.

hanmoumou

Postby hanmoumou » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

one more questions about this...

do the recommenders need to sign the letter before uploading? thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”