Do Schools Know When You Add Them to LSAC/Start An App?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
talesofyore

Do Schools Know When You Add Them to LSAC/Start An App?

Postby talesofyore » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm just curious about this. I know it might be a silly question.

Crowing

Re: Do Schools Know When You Add Them to LSAC/Start An App?

Postby Crowing » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:47 pm

I think this is the first post on TLS I've ever seen that expresses a level of neuroticism beyond even what I experience.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 pm

Crowing wrote:I think this is the first post on TLS I've ever seen that expresses a level of neuroticism beyond even what I experience.

Nah I wondered that too. Like it might make sense for LSAC to tell them you are on their list so they know to send you a fee waiver or not.

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Crowing wrote:I think this is the first post on TLS I've ever seen that expresses a level of neuroticism beyond even what I experience.

:D Takes a bow. :D

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:26 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:

Nah I wondered that too. Like it might make sense for LSAC to tell them you are on their list so they know to send you a fee waiver or not.

That's actually why I wondered. I didn't want to lose out on prospective fee waivers by them saying, "oh, we already have this one."

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:59 am

talesofyore wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:

That's actually why I wondered. I didn't want to lose out on prospective fee waivers by them saying, "oh, we already have this one."

It doesn't work that way...you either make the GPA/LSAT/URM cutoff for a waiver...or you don't regardless of starting an app

talesofyore

Postby talesofyore » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks.

bernaldiaz

Postby bernaldiaz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:38 am

msblaw89 wrote:It doesn't work that way...you either make the GPA/LSAT/URM cutoff for a waiver...or you don't regardless of starting an app

Yeah that's just not true. I haven't gotten a lot of the fee waivers that other people in this thread have and I think it's safe to say I'd hit every GPA/LSAT cut off.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:22 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:It doesn't work that way...you either make the GPA/LSAT/URM cutoff for a waiver...or you don't regardless of starting an app

Yeah that's just not true. I haven't gotten a lot of the fee waivers that other people in this thread have and I think it's safe to say I'd hit every GPA/LSAT cut off.

Then e-mail and ask for a merit fee waiver

Crowing

Postby Crowing » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:

Well in that case I wouldn't be too concerned. After adding UVA to my list, I solicited a merit-based waiver from them. Then a week later they sent me an unsolicited waiver when they had already given me a solicited one. It seems like records as far as waivers go aren't too carefully kept and checked.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”