Waiting on one LoR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zdamico

Waiting on one LoR

Postby zdamico » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 am

My professor said she'd have my letter finished and sent by this weekend. First of all, how long should that take to get onto LSAC? Obviously it'll take a few days to get their via mail, but then is there any sort of process time?

Also, can I submit my applications now and then just add the letter in after it is processed onto LSAC?

christinenyoung

Re: Waiting on one LoR

Postby christinenyoung » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:56 am

I'm pretty sure they have an upload feature, which I would assume is instantaneous. At least, many times faster than mail. The R will have to create a profile though.

sepeterson211

Postby sepeterson211 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:56 am

If they prefer to send it by mail it's still pretty fast. The processing time is minimal, I'm guessing one day.

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:56 am

Does anyone have any experience with recommenders uploading their letters to LSAC? Why doesn't anyone ever talk about doing this instead of mailing/faxing them?

Psib337

Postby Psib337 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 am

sepeterson211 wrote:If they prefer to send it by mail it's still pretty fast. The processing time is minimal, I'm guessing one day.

I'm not so sure about that. I had a recommender let me know she put a letter in the mail last week and LSAC still hasn't uploaded it. The holiday may have had something to do with that but I would assume people have been working since Tuesday.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 pm

zdamico wrote:My professor said she'd have my letter finished and sent by this weekend. First of all, how long should that take to get onto LSAC? Obviously it'll take a few days to get their via mail, but then is there any sort of process time?

Also, can I submit my applications now and then just add the letter in after it is processed onto LSAC?

LSAC seems to process things pretty quickly for me (of course, except the LSAT score).

Regarding submitting your apps before getting your LORs:

"Note: Your law school report will not be released until you pay for CAS, add your institutions, have a reportable LSAT score on file, and all transcripts, required letters of recommendation (LORs), and evaluations are received."

Therefore, you may submit your apps, but the law schools wont be able to access your report when they request it from LSAC (assuming they request it before your required LORs get in). I'm waiting for my LORs first only because i don't want an abnormal delay between law schools requesting my report and LSAC producing it. I don't want to give them any reason to set my app aside once they've gotten it, but that's just me.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”