Content Deleted. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
T-forteenager

New

Content Deleted.

Post by T-forteenager » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:31 am

Last edited by T-forteenager on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

catholicgirl

Bronze

Re: Paranoia over several undergrad infractions - C&F Addendum?

Post by catholicgirl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:15 am

T-forteenager wrote:Freaking out over several disciplinary write-ups during my freshmen year. I'm found some previous topics that were similar, but none that were completely the same.

In my freshmen year, I was caught with the following:

1) twice with paraphernalia(sp?) in my dorm room, no actual "substances"
2) once with having too many people in my room, AKA having a party
3) and I was "suspected" (according to the disciplinary committee) of shattering a glass door

After 1), I was given probation. After 2) and 3), I was banned from living in the dorms for one year. I returned to the dorms my junior year, no infractions.

I should make a disciplinary addendum, right? Should it describe the punisments I got, or just the crimes? Will this shit come up when I apply to the Bar?

If you're just coming to this thread to call me over-sensitive/label me a fuck-up, feel free to do so. I probably need the shaming as motivation
1. You're not that much of a fuck up. Calm down. It's not like you went and picked fights with random people.

2. Did any of these result in criminal charges?

T-forteenager

New

Post by T-forteenager » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:41 am

catholicgirl wrote:
T-forteenager wrote:Freaking out over several disciplinary write-ups during my freshmen year. I'm found some previous topics that were similar, but none that were completely the same.

In my freshmen year, I was caught with the following:

1) twice with paraphernalia(sp?) in my dorm room, no actual "substances"
2) once with having too many people in my room, AKA having a party
3) and I was "suspected" (according to the disciplinary committee) of shattering a glass door

After 1), I was given probation. After 2) and 3), I was banned from living in the dorms for one year. I returned to the dorms my junior year, no infractions.

I should make a disciplinary addendum, right? Should it describe the punisments I got, or just the crimes? Will this shit come up when I apply to the Bar?

If you're just coming to this thread to call me over-sensitive/label me a fuck-up, feel free to do so. I probably need the shaming as motivation
1. You're not that much of a fuck up. Calm down. It's not like you went and picked fights with random people.

2. Did any of these result in criminal charges?
No charges/arrests/convictions/grand jury hearings.

I realized that they were probably no big deal, i'm just worried about the fact that they're weed (aka DRUGZ) related. Although most ppl in academia think weed laws are excessive...but still.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:30 am

T-forteenager wrote: No charges/arrests/convictions/grand jury hearings.

I realized that they were probably no big deal, i'm just worried about the fact that they're weed (aka DRUGZ) related. Although most ppl in academia think weed laws are excessive...but still.
Disclose in a straight-forwards manner (what happened, what resulted from it), and stop worrying. This won't be a big deal.

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:57 am

bp shinners wrote:
T-forteenager wrote: No charges/arrests/convictions/grand jury hearings.

Disclose in a straight-forwards manner (what happened, what resulted from it), and stop worrying. This won't be a big deal.
Yeah. Just don't go on and on about what you've learned. That rarely comes across well.

T-forteenager

New

Post by T-forteenager » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:03 pm

yeah, I figured the whole "i'm such a different person" thing gets old for the admissions offices. Thanks c-girl and BP

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”