Personal Statement Length

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
e_mac7

New

Personal Statement Length

Postby e_mac7 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 pm

I've been working on my personal statement and have just over two pages double-spaced. I know each law school asks for a certain length but does anyone know what St. Mary's length requirement is? I've looked at their website and application process and can't seem to find it...Thanks!

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Re: Personal Statement Length

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:40 am

Two pages is generally the rule of thumb. And since it's only a little bit over, I'd say there's probably a reasonable way to edit your PS such that it falls within the 2 page rule.

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi I have a personal statement question.

I am seriously kicking myself for a mistake in my personal statement. I reread it a million times and somehow over-looked one, very important mistake (a misspelling that makes one word a completely different, irrelevant word) and of course realized it a second after I hit submit. How much is this going to kill my application? Should I contact the school tomorrow morning and inform them of the mistake?

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:40 am

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Hi I have a personal statement question.

I am seriously kicking myself for a mistake in my personal statement. I reread it a million times and somehow over-looked one, very important mistake (a misspelling that makes one word a completely different, irrelevant word) and of course realized it a second after I hit submit. How much is this going to kill my application? Should I contact the school tomorrow morning and inform them of the mistake?

If a stranger was reading it, would they still be able to discern what you meant? If so, then I'd probably just let it go. I had a mistake on my app to a T14 and still got in with $$$.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�