LSAT canceled score/essay question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
discreetpanther

New

LSAT canceled score/essay question

Post by discreetpanther » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Took the LSAT, had a feeling I did poorly on the logic games, wrote a horrifically awful half-essay and canceled my score on site. Re-taking this year. Given what seems a generally separate treatment of the LSAT essay section, does a canceled score mean the test's essay is wiped as well or is only the score canceled with the essay remaining included in what schools see with additional new scores?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this one.

Yardbird

Silver

Re: LSAT canceled score/essay question

Post by Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:46 pm

discreetpanther wrote:Took the LSAT, had a feeling I did poorly on the logic games, wrote a horrifically awful half-essay and canceled my score on site. Re-taking this year. Given what seems a generally separate treatment of the LSAT essay section, does a canceled score mean the test's essay is wiped as well or is only the score canceled with the essay remaining included in what schools see with additional new scores?

Thanks to anyone who can answer this one.
I would assume canceling also cancels the essay...but the essay doesn't matter too much for admissions purposes other than to possibly check that your PS was really written by you.

Ti Malice

Gold

Re: LSAT canceled score/essay question

Post by Ti Malice » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Canceling wipes out everything. Don't worry too much about the essay next time, though. As shadowofjazz said, it carries very little, if any, weight. Most of them are probably never even read. Certainly make an effort to write something coherent, but don't stress over it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”