wait parking tickets? for real?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zoomzoom88

wait parking tickets? for real?

Postby zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:04 pm

My college has awful parking situations and my friends and I constantly get tickets. For example, I even got a ticket saturday for parking on the grass of my rental home even though I had my landlord's permission. Apparently parking on grass is a code violation. Even this needs to be disclosed? My C and F addendum is going to be so long! I have had over 10 parking tickets. Each on needs an explanation?

Yardbird

Re: wait parking tickets? for real?

Postby Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:49 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:My college has awful parking situations and my friends and I constantly get tickets. For example, I even got a ticket saturday for parking on the grass of my rental home even though I had my landlord's permission. Apparently parking on grass is a code violation. Even this needs to be disclosed? My C and F addendum is going to be so long! I have had over 10 parking tickets. Each on needs an explanation?
Just be honest and it won't hurt you.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm

You should be able to fit all 10 on one page. They don't need "explanation." Just say:

On [date], I was cited for [infraction] by [law enforcement agency] in [city, state]. I [paid a fine of $X/appeared in traffic court/attended driver's safety school/etc].

If you don't know exact dates but made a good faith effort to find out (requested your record), just say that and approximate.

criminaltheory

Postby criminaltheory » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Where are you applying that requests parking tickets?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”