Fake ID Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zoomzoom88

Silver

Fake ID

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:27 pm

When I was 20 I was charged with possession of a fake id. I was never arrested, just received a citation in the mall. I spoke to the detective and he dropped everything after we spoke. I was 3 weeks away from turning 21 and he gave me a verbal warning and a promise to stay out of trouble until my birthday. Does this need to be disclosed?

dextermorgan

Silver

Re: Fake ID

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Yes.

tabula rasa

New

Post by tabula rasa » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Absolutely.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:31 pm

do i need to give specific dates? also I was charged with driving on a suspended lis. but this was dropped as well all of this needs to be disclosed?

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Yes of course.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tim.janitor

New

Post by tim.janitor » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:When I was 20 I was charged with possession of a fake id. I was never arrested, just received a citation in the mall. I spoke to the detective and he dropped everything after we spoke. I was 3 weeks away from turning 21 and he gave me a verbal warning and a promise to stay out of trouble until my birthday. Does this need to be disclosed?
Ari Gold woud say deny until you die.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:34 pm

im nervous i feel like all of these little things will have an adverse effect even though most were dropped :/ will make sure everything is taken care of.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 pm

tim.janitor wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:When I was 20 I was charged with possession of a fake id. I was never arrested, just received a citation in the mall. I spoke to the detective and he dropped everything after we spoke. I was 3 weeks away from turning 21 and he gave me a verbal warning and a promise to stay out of trouble until my birthday. Does this need to be disclosed?
Ari Gold woud say deny until you die.

by this do you mean explain in my addendum that this was an error?

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:53 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:im nervous i feel like all of these little things will have an adverse effect even though most were dropped :/ will make sure everything is taken care of.
No one is going to give a shit as long as you are upfront and honest about it. If you lie (or omit) the info you will be in for a world of hurt.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:54 pm

okay i posted my revised addendum again. let me know what you think if you have the opportunity. can't tell you how much i appreciate everyone's help/input.

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:41 pm

You received a citation so you were cited for a violation of a law other than a minor traffic/parking offense. You should disclose at every school. It won't affect your admission chances. Too many people drink underage for it to be problematic for law school admissions unless there is more than one infraction.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:05 pm

i know i'm just nervous bc I have gotten unsafe motor vehicle operations tickets on two different occasions, multiple speeding tickets (i'm a shitty driver I get it), plus fake id citation (dropped), driving under suspended lisc (dropped) and marijuana charge (on conditional discharge).

Yardbird

Silver

Post by Yardbird » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:10 pm

zoomzoom88 wrote:i know i'm just nervous bc I have gotten unsafe motor vehicle operations tickets on two different occasions, multiple speeding tickets (i'm a shitty driver I get it), plus fake id citation (dropped), driving under suspended lisc (dropped) and marijuana charge (on conditional discharge).
Just be honest and disclose. You have a lot there, but if you're 100% honest and just present the facts and your take-away from them you should be fine.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:09 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
zoomzoom88 wrote:i know i'm just nervous bc I have gotten unsafe motor vehicle operations tickets on two different occasions, multiple speeding tickets (i'm a shitty driver I get it), plus fake id citation (dropped), driving under suspended lisc (dropped) and marijuana charge (on conditional discharge).
Just be honest and disclose. You have a lot there, but if you're 100% honest and just present the facts and your take-away from them you should be fine.
Yeah, I get from those that you're a bad driver who likes to have fun. You could be president - you'll be fine for law school.

breadbucket

Bronze

Post by breadbucket » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 pm

I love how everyone on here is always like "Oh your charges were dropped? that means yur guilty broz lulz! better incriminate yurself nao!"

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:25 pm

breadbucket wrote:I love how everyone on here is always like "Oh your charges were dropped? that means yur guilty broz lulz! better incriminate yurself nao!"
The reason they say that is because C&F and law school admissions forms usually want to know if you were ever arrested or cited (not just charged or convicted). If it later surfaces that you lied or concealed information you could be kicked out of school or disbarred. There has been more than one story on here about people failing to disclose something and then getting kicked out of school when someone goes digging and finds out.

And if you get kicked out you still have to pay back your loans.

zoomzoom88

Silver

Post by zoomzoom88 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:33 pm

i don't think he meant that - i think he was referring to the fact that it looks bad to mention incidents you might have been involved with even if they turned out to be nothing (ie getting the charge dismissed) bc it still looks shady to have multiple citations to explain when it was a situation that was never brought to fruition.

I totally understand why schools need to know about convictions, etc, but i do feel that asking for information regarding dismissed charges is slightly overzealous.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:28 am

zoomzoom88 wrote:I totally understand why schools need to know about convictions, etc, but i do feel that asking for information regarding dismissed charges is slightly overzealous.
While I'm not disagreeing with your statement, what matters is what schools think about asking this information. And they want it/don't think it's overzealous.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”