Can I ask schools to fax transcripts to LSAC Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
laura2011

New

Can I ask schools to fax transcripts to LSAC

Post by laura2011 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:48 am

or do they have to send them via regular mail?

I asked a UK school to send sth over four weeks ago and it still hasn't arriveed ... :(

SPerez

Bronze

Re: Can I ask schools to fax transcripts to LSAC

Post by SPerez » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am

To my knowledge, LSAC only accepts original transcripts received in sealed envelopes directly from the issuing school. A fax would be a copy.

I have zero experience requesting transcripts from overseas, but there are many US schools that take longer than four weeks to just process and mail a report, not to mention the up to two weeks it will take LSAC to process it. Unless you paid for international overnight postage, I'd imagine 4-6 weeks for delivery of a transcript from Europe isn't outside the norm. Of course, if you're losing sleep over it the easiest and quickest thing to do would be to call the university directly and see if it has been mailed.

You might have to also provide an original transcript to whatever law school you end up going to so it would be a good idea to make that request as soon as you choose your school. Some schools accept transcripts as long as they're in a sealed envelope so you might even be able to ask the university to send you one like that now so you have it for later.

Dean Perez

laura2011

New

Re: Can I ask schools to fax transcripts to LSAC

Post by laura2011 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:53 am

i got the confirmation e-mail from my uni the day they mailed the transcript but i didn't consider LSAC processing times ... i'll just wait another week or two.

thanks for your help!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”