Stil getting mail from law schools after Enrollment Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sprocket

New

Stil getting mail from law schools after Enrollment

Post by sprocket » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Is anyone else having this problem? I'm at law school now, but I'm still getting emails from law schools offering fee waivers or "scholarships." I put scholarships in quotes because most of the letters come from schools notorious for section stacking and any other means necessary to ensure students lose the scholarships. Also, they are often TTTT or unranked. Is anyone else having problems? Doesn't lsac know if we had been accepted? They do have a monopoly on admissions and application procedures.

It would be nice if they were coming from tier 1 schools. Then, I could gauge a school's interest for transferring. But tier 4 schools? That would be a downgrade from where I'm going to school. Quite frankly, I'm pretty content with my current school.

Anyway, just curious. They've been pretty persistent. Even sending personalized emails reminding me of their form letters. :roll:

fatduck

Gold

Re: Stil getting mail from law schools after Enrollment

Post by fatduck » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:52 pm

as far as i can tell, expect to receive these for the rest of your life

Yardbird

Silver

Re: Stil getting mail from law schools after Enrollment

Post by Yardbird » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

sprocket wrote:Is anyone else having this problem? I'm at law school now, but I'm still getting emails from law schools offering fee waivers or "scholarships." I put scholarships in quotes because most of the letters come from schools notorious for section stacking and any other means necessary to ensure students lose the scholarships. Also, they are often TTTT or unranked. Is anyone else having problems? Doesn't lsac know if we had been accepted? They do have a monopoly on admissions and application procedures.

It would be nice if they were coming from tier 1 schools. Then, I could gauge a school's interest for transferring. But tier 4 schools? That would be a downgrade from where I'm going to school. Quite frankly, I'm pretty content with my current school.

Anyway, just curious. They've been pretty persistent. Even sending personalized emails reminding me of their form letters. :roll:
Unregister from CRS and scholarship from LSAC.

/thread?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”