Will This Fall's GPA Be Considered?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
archieg

Will This Fall's GPA Be Considered?

Postby archieg » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm an applicant for Loyola Law's Fall 2013 class. My GPA is currently at 3.27, but I'm trying my best to make that go up by the end of the fall semester.

If my application is turned in before fall grades are released, will my law school decision be made based on those grades already in? Or will they automatically wait until my fall grades to make a decision?

Thanks!

Yardbird

Re: Will This Fall's GPA Be Considered?

Postby Yardbird » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 pm

archieg wrote:I'm an applicant for Loyola Law's Fall 2013 class. My GPA is currently at 3.27, but I'm trying my best to make that go up by the end of the fall semester.

If my application is turned in before fall grades are released, will my law school decision be made based on those grades already in? Or will they automatically wait until my fall grades to make a decision?

Thanks!
They won't wait. If they don't make a decision by the time you get grades, submit a transcript to LSAC and email the schools telling them a grade update is coming. You might be required to do this by mid-Jan, even if your GPA went down.

top30man

Re: Will This Fall's GPA Be Considered?

Postby top30man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
archieg wrote:I'm an applicant for Loyola Law's Fall 2013 class. My GPA is currently at 3.27, but I'm trying my best to make that go up by the end of the fall semester.

Thanks!
They won't wait. If they don't make a decision by the time you get grades, submit a transcript to LSAC and email the schools telling them a grade update is coming. You might be required to do this by mid-Jan, even if your GPA went down.

This. If itll go up substanitally I would consider waiting a year for the higher GPA.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”