LSAC GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Teflon_Don

LSAC GPA

Postby Teflon_Don » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 pm

How long does it take for LSAC to determine your GPA after they've received all transcripts? Is it an instant thing? I'm waiting on one more transcript so I wanted to know my time range after it's processed. Also, I know law schools see your LSAT score before you apply, do they see GPA's as well?

Thanks

Psib337

Re: LSAC GPA

Postby Psib337 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:54 pm

They had mine done pretty quickly. I think from the time I requested my transcript from my school to the time they had recalculated my GPA was about a week. I don't remember the exact number of days but it was pretty fast. I'm pretty sure schools can see your GPA because I've gotten e-mails where schools mentioned my GPA.

taf889

Postby taf889 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:57 pm

does anyone know where your LSAC GPA is displayed on the site?
Thanks

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:11 pm

taf889 wrote:does anyone know where your LSAC GPA is displayed on the site?
Thanks

When your transcript is received, they will post a link to your "Academic Summary Report" on this page. Your LSDAS is located at the bottom of the "Academic Summary Report" in the "Summary" section next to "Cumulative GPA".

taf889

Postby taf889 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:18 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Thanks

When your transcript is received, they will post a link to your "Academic Summary Report" on this page. Your LSDAS is located at the bottom of the "Academic Summary Report" in the "Summary" section next to "Cumulative GPA".

Wow, thanks. I guess I was surprised that my UGPA = my LSAC GPA so I thought I was seeing the wrong number.

Postby 20130312 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:24 pm

taf889 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Thanks

Wow, thanks. I guess I was surprised that my UGPA = my LSAC GPA so I thought I was seeing the wrong number.

That's generally the case unless you attended multiple colleges, failed a course, withdrew from a course, or if your university uses a GPA scale that deviates from LSAC's in any way (A+'s, for example, can get screwy).

Ex Cearulo

Postby Ex Cearulo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:29 pm

In the eyes of the LSAC, are all classes created equal? For instance, is a 3 credit hr Freshman Basket Weaving class considered the same as a 3 credit hr Senior Chemistry or Poli Sci class that is directly related to the degree being pursued?

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:15 pm

HawgDriver wrote:In the eyes of the LSAC, are all classes created equal? For instance, is a 3 credit hr Freshman Basket Weaving class considered the same as a 3 credit hr Senior Chemistry or Poli Sci class that is directly related to the degree being pursued?

All are created equal. Only difference is Certain "hard" majors (engineering, hard sciences) can sit for the Patent Bar and get into IP law, which is in pretty high demand.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Same day for me. Yesterday when i checked, it said my transcript wasn't received. When i woke up this morning, the status said received and the 'processed' date was today's date as well, but the report wasn't available then. I checked it again an hour ago and my report was there.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”