Intra-College Competition

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
imincollege

Intra-College Competition

Postby imincollege » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 am

Do Top 25 law schools try to not accept lots of students from the same college (smallish liberal arts college)? I'm asking because I am unsure if letting my friends know I'm studying for the LSAT could hurt my chances? Am I being overly concerned or is this a legitimate worry?

meshugaat

Re: Intra-College Competition

Postby meshugaat » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 am

imincollege wrote:Do Top 25 law schools try to not accept lots of students from the same college (smallish liberal arts college)? I'm asking because I am unsure if letting my friends know I'm studying for the LSAT could hurt my chances? Am I being overly concerned or is this a legitimate worry?

Study for the LSAT. Do awesome. Don't worry about anyone else. You are waaaayyyy overthinking this. I highly doubt your friends are suddenly going to think that they, too, should take the LSAT after finding out that you are. And even if they do, so what? The Top 25 are concerned with your LSAT score and your GPA, not how many of your friends are applying.

Ixiion

Postby Ixiion » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 am

meshugaat wrote:Study for the LSAT. Do awesome. Don't worry about anyone else. You are waaaayyyy overthinking this. I highly doubt your friends are suddenly going to think that they, too, should take the LSAT after finding out that you are. And even if they do, so what? The Top 25 are concerned with your LSAT score and your GPA, not how many of your friends are applying.

+1

top30man

Postby top30man » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 am

Ixiion wrote:
meshugaat wrote:Study for the LSAT. Do awesome. Don't worry about anyone else. You are waaaayyyy overthinking this. I highly doubt your friends are suddenly going to think that they, too, should take the LSAT after finding out that you are. And even if they do, so what? The Top 25 are concerned with your LSAT score and your GPA, not how many of your friends are applying.

+1

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:19 am

top30man wrote:
Ixiion wrote:

+1

For reals.

criminaltheory

Postby criminaltheory » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 am

plus i imagine it would be annoying trying to hide the amount of studying you're doing.

imincollege

Postby imincollege » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:54 pm

What about for T10 or T6 schools? If lots of Williams students with high GPAs and LSATs apply to NYU, wouldn't this put them at a disadvantage? Aren't they competing with eachother?

stillwater

Postby stillwater » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm

No. I am sure any school would be happy to run up their stats if the numbers (LSAT/GPA) of the applicants from the same college served that purpose.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”