Does a fee waiver and a packet mean acceptance is likely?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Scotusnerd

Re: Does a fee waiver and a packet mean acceptance is likely?

Postby Scotusnerd » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:18 pm

I think the moral of this thread is this:

If it's not an acceptance/WL/denial, it really doesn't mean much. Don't get worked up about advertising tactics or fee waivers.

510Chicken

Postby 510Chicken » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:Acceptance into the T14 is for only the most elite students in the country

lol.

WalkingPlato

Postby WalkingPlato » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Scotusnerd wrote:I think the moral of this thread is this:

If it's not an acceptance/WL/denial, it really doesn't mean much. Don't get worked up about advertising tactics or fee waivers.

Yea. That's what I got from it, though it's tempting to think that it at least signifies that you're in their league. After all, it's hard to imagine that a T20 or T14 school would send a packet and fee waiver to someone who is inevitably going to go to a TTT law school. Then, it's easy to slip to thinking that "in their league" means "you got a decent/ok shot." Sort of like poking on facebook (for those who do it when looking for more than friends lol).

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:54 pm

WalkingPlato wrote:Sort of like poking on facebook (for those who do it when looking for more than friends lol).

You do this?

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:00 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:
WalkingPlato wrote:Sort of like poking on facebook (for those who do it when looking for more than friends lol).

You do this?

If she pokes, she smokes.

WalkingPlato

Postby WalkingPlato » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 pm

laxbrah420 wrote:

You do this?

I don't poke, but I get poked from time to time, both by relatively random girls and guys.

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:38 pm

guinness1547 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:Acceptance into the T14 is for only the most elite students in the country and therefore it is never accurate to say that acceptance is likely --what you can conclude however is that if you don't get a packet and a fee waiver then acceptance is unlikely.

Really? Don't many potential applicants with competitive numbers fail to receive packets and fee waivers from a decent amount of schools they would have a fair chance of being admitted to?

I haven't received shit from any decent schools, so I guess by that logic I'm screwed! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

shntn

Postby shntn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:14 pm

Oh, whoops, I unregistered from the CRS bit when I was getting spammed hardcore by every provisionally accredited school in the nation. Fixed that now. Spam away, if it means they'll send me DEM PACKETS.

laxbrah420

Postby laxbrah420 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:52 am

shinton88 wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:Acceptance into the T14 is for only the most elite students in the country and therefore it is never accurate to say that acceptance is likely --what you can conclude however is that if you don't get a packet and a fee waiver then acceptance is unlikely.

Really? Don't many potential applicants with competitive numbers fail to receive packets and fee waivers from a decent amount of schools they would have a fair chance of being admitted to?

I haven't received shit from any decent schools, so I guess by that logic I'm screwed! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Duh

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”