Low transfer student GPA/High final GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dmitryz

Low transfer student GPA/High final GPA

Postby dmitryz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:26 pm

Hey TLS, here's a question for you.

I transfered from University of Toronto after 2 years of undergrad to Rutgers University to do 2 years +one summer.
My GPA at UofT was 3.0, but I finished Rutgers with 4.0 & PBK, Highest honors for research (done in Africa), internships (including one at the UN) and lots of other awards and such.

Would LSAC be blind to the academic improvement or do you think I have good leverage? Aiming for T5 (taking LSAT in October)

Great thanks for your opinion.

karich

Re: Low transfer student GPA/High final GPA

Postby karich » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:43 pm

Last edited by karich on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm

dmitryz wrote:Hey TLS, here's a question for you.

I transfered from University of Toronto after 2 years of undergrad to Rutgers University to do 2 years +one summer.
My GPA at UofT was 3.0, but I finished Rutgers with 4.0 & PBK, Highest honors for research (done in Africa), internships (including one at the UN) and lots of other awards and such.

Would LSAC be blind to the academic improvement or do you think I have good leverage? Aiming for T5 (taking LSAT in October)

Great thanks for your opinion.
Your 3.0 from UofT will count and will be averaged in with your Rutgers GPA. Write a GPA Addendum and you might have a small soft. For the record, LSAC won't care about anything, the law schools will. Assuming 64ish credits of work at UofT and 70ish credits at Rutgers, you have somewhere between a 3.50-3.55. Your LSAT will have a big impact on your prospects at CCN. You are likely out at Y/S and a possible wait-list at H with a high LSAT. Check out lawschoolnumbers.com and enjoy the graphs until you have an LSAT.

dmitryz

Postby dmitryz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:55 pm

Thanks for the replies and wow that's distressing

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”