CC classes from high school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Triveal

New

CC classes from high school

Post by Triveal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:20 pm

I took a trig class between my sophomore and junior year of high school at a community college so that I could take higher level math in high school the following two years. I'm assuming the answer to this question is yes, but I'd like to verify before I spend the day going back to the CC and waiting around while they request my transcript (as I have no idea what any of my login info is and I don't want to wait on the phone all day). Do I need to include it in my LSAC report?

Nova

Platinum

Re: CC classes from high school

Post by Nova » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Looks like yes.

The criteria is really broad.
LSAC wrote:Transcripts to include:
•community colleges
•bachelor's and graduate institutions
•law/medical/professional institutions
•institutions attended for summer or evening courses
•institutions attended even though a degree was never received
•institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit
http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp

Triveal

New

Re: CC classes from high school

Post by Triveal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:37 pm

yeesh. This could be a good or bad thing. I really have no idea what I got in the class, or how many units it was, but I do remember it being really easy. I wanted to take Calc BC in high school and wasn't on track to, so I took this to jump ahead. In hindsight, it was probably one of the best decisions I made in high school, but it makes LS applications a pain. This place isn't known for prompt customer service or good record keeping.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”