how to tell law schools about upcoming job/internship?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rglifberg

how to tell law schools about upcoming job/internship?

Postby rglifberg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:11 am

So I got an awesome internship which starts a few days after I'll be submitting my apps. Where in my app should I let them know that I'll be interning and not bumming around prior to law school?

bk1

Re: how to tell law schools about upcoming job/internship?

Postby bk1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:13 am

Resume.

Internship (September 2012 - August 2013, expected)

or something like that.

DoctorShawHi

Postby DoctorShawHi » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 pm

rglifberg wrote:So I got an awesome internship which starts a few days after I'll be submitting my apps. Where in my app should I let them know that I'll be interning and not bumming around prior to law school?

Congrats on the internship. Taking the year off and doing that is definitely worth it imo.

Might want to drop them an e-mail too. At least your top choices. I mean if you wanna be really anal about it.

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 am

I don't have a sweet internship, but I'm also not bumming around prior to law school - I'm planning to visit Shanghai for an extended time, plus Kenya, and Ecuador (and possibly more). I have invites from family/friends to these places. Should I mention this somewhere in my app?

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 am

honeybadger12 wrote:I don't have a sweet internship, but I'm also not bumming around prior to law school - I'm planning to visit Shanghai for an extended time, plus Kenya, and Ecuador (and possibly more). I have invites from family/friends to these places. Should I mention this somewhere in my app?
Optional addenda to explain year off (word it in the future tense, I will be visiting, etc.)/use the info for LOCIs (in the past tense, I visited...).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”