Taking LSAT in December?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
DukeofRutgers

Taking LSAT in December?

Postby DukeofRutgers » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 pm

I just started considering law school. However, I want to wait till December to take the LSAT.

Whether I actually apply is contingent on a couple other factors..including whether I can find a job in the field I have a degree in this fall or not and how willing I would be to take on more student debt (currently have $80,000 in loans :/). For the field I'm applying to, jobs are actually plentiful if you have experience already in the field..entry-level jobs are scarce.

Which schools would I still be able to apply to Early Decision with a December LSAT?

tigershark

Re: Taking LSAT in December?

Postby tigershark » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:11 pm

I'd say if you don't score over 170 in December, you shouldn't apply at all. Without a 170+ you'll either 1.) get a decent amount of money from schools that aren’t worth going to, or 2.) get little to no money from schools that are worth going to, thus sending you into a tail spin of debt.

Reevaluate your choices once you have a score.

DukeofRutgers

Re: Taking LSAT in December?

Postby DukeofRutgers » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

Yea I agree actually.. in fact, I think I would need at least a 170 LSAT to achieve what has become my goal in terms of law school:

Apply to Penn for the second round Early Decision... :D

I gotta decide if the debt is worth it or not though..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”