. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Betharl

Bronze

Post by Betharl » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Last edited by Betharl on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdubs

Gold

Re: App help, NU is my top choice, BUT...

Post by bdubs » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:04 pm

170/3.7 would have been borderline in years past, but I'm guessing you will probably get in this upcoming cycle (unless the dean makes good on his promise to cut class sizes).

Since you have some WE you will probably get in. Although if I were you, I might be worried about how I am going to explain my resume at OCI.

rayiner

Platinum

Re: App help, NU is my top choice, BUT...

Post by rayiner » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 pm

The WE requirement is more about maturity and employability than anything else. You've got enough solid work experience to build a credible story for admissions and a strong story for OCI (firms love anything finance-related) so you should be golden. Do something useful with your time until matriculation though--firms at OCI will care about how you handle the gap.

You're very likely to get into NU if the rest of your app is there. You'll also probably get into Michigan if you come across as a special butterfly (or whatever it is that Michigan looks for in admits--nobody really knows). You might even get some money from one or the other which you can use to leverage money out of NU. I also think you'll get into Penn.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”