Getting info to disclose for C&F/LS application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
katesearches

Getting info to disclose for C&F/LS application

Postby katesearches » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:47 pm

I couldn't find any specific info. on these questions anywhere. I won't be applying for a few years, but I found out today I maybe moving again, so this would be the best time to gather anything.

1. I'm including the CC (that I transferred to uni. from), which is where I also took classes in HS. But I briefly attended another CC in HS- I was enrolled in a class but dropped when family moved about an hour away. I don't know if it was before or after any kind of Withdrawing deadlines (parents took care of the paperwork then). Should I still list this CC since I still "attended"? If so, I'd want to stop by that CC and get any kind of paperwork/documents before moving.

2. I spent a few summers doing those "gifted" youth programs at universities (middle school/HS). I took university-level classes at some of them. Do I need to list these? I think I had to list these for my college apps, but I don't remember specifics (to the degree I can 100% vouch for accuracy of dates, classes, etc).

3. I stole candy from Disneyland when I was 12 or 13. It's embarrassing. :oops: Security just took me to an office, called my parents in, wasn't arrested, no officers were involved. Parents paid for the candy, and I vaguely remember them mentioning some kind of fee they either paid or had waived (don't remember). When I googled shoplifting fees/fines, it's apparently a civil demands letter sent to collect a fee. I have no idea if this is on my record, or if this is what my parents got (they don't have any documents/letters in their possession), but my instinct is to just disclose everything. "Received civil demands letter for shoplifting as a minor?" However I don't know if I actually received a civil demands letter, or what it was, so what should be my next step to get the info. Call local disneyland and ask them for a copy of whatever fee or document, if they have any? Or what court in my state do I need to go to for this?

These are all pretty small things. But I was hoping to resolve them, get information, etc., before moving. Especially since some things need to be done/requested in person. Thanks.

Nova

Re: Getting info to disclose for C&F/LS application

Postby Nova » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 am

1. Include it

2. If they gave you college credits, include it. If not, dont

3. Im pretty sure you can forget about it

katesearches

Postby katesearches » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:30 am

#1 - include it even if there's nothing on the transcript but my name/address/SID stuff? (no record of classes shown)

#2 - how do I know if they gave me "college credits" and not just credits for that specific youth program? I know I listed these on my college applications, but I didn't receive any credits for the transcripts on the college I received my BA in (whereas I got credits for CC/AP classes).

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:56 am

katesearches wrote:#1 - include it even if there's nothing on the transcript but my name/address/SID stuff? (no record of classes shown)

#2 - how do I know if they gave me "college credits" and not just credits for that specific youth program? I know I listed these on my college applications, but I didn't receive any credits for the transcripts on the college I received my BA in (whereas I got credits for CC/AP classes).

1. I still think you should throw it in. The official rules are,
LSAC wrote:Transcripts must be sent from institutions even if:
•"withdraw," "incomplete," etc., are the only grades listed

&
LSAC wrote:Transcripts to include:
•institutions attended even though a degree was never received

2.If you feel the classes technically fall under these guidelines, inlcude them.
LSAC wrote:Transcripts to include:
•institutions attended for summer or evening courses
•institutions attended even though a degree was never received

•institutions from which you took college-level courses while in high school even though they were for high school credit

http://www.lsac.org/jd/apply/cas-reques ... cripts.asp

To me, they really dont sound like something that needs to be included. IDRK though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”