LOR Help Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jbates14

New

LOR Help

Post by jbates14 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:03 pm

I just contacted a professor who agreed to write me a LOR. He asked for a CV/resume and a link to each program I am applying to.
It seems that he has written reccommendation letters before but not sure about law school since he asked for a link to each program. I tried explaining to him that he just needs to send it to LSAC, but I do not know exactly how to explain it to him so that he understands. I looked through the LOR and there really wasn't a clear explanation of the steps to take. Is there something on here that has a step by step or a detailed explanation that I could give my writer.

cutecarmel

Silver

Re: LOR Help

Post by cutecarmel » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:15 pm

An LOR for law school probably isn't going to be too much different from an LOR for a different program.

Don't assume that he doesn't know about law school LORs because he asked for links. He probably wants an idea of the schools you are applying to and what they look for so that he can write a better LOR.

Give him the forms and tell him the address of where he can send the form when he is finished. Give him your resume and let him do the rest. Its actually a very easy process. You might want to tell him not to use specific program names if you are sending his LORs to all the schools that you are applying to. That's really the best advice I can give you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”