LOR Question - Help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CardinalLaw

LOR Question - Help!

Postby CardinalLaw » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:43 pm

I'm applying this cycle and I will be a K-JD. I had an internship last summer and my boss said that he'd be happy to write me a glowing LOR. Unfortunately, I'm not very close with any professors that I've had. So here's my question(s):

Should I have just two LORs, one from my boss and one from a professor? Would having three (two from professors) benefit me?

Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

tigershark

Re: LOR Question - Help!

Postby tigershark » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Many people on this site are of the opinion that LORs are not tremendously important. That said, I think you would be doing yourself a disservice by having two professors, both of whom you aren’t particularly close with, write you LORs. Adcomms won’t appreciate the extra reading of a LOR that says absolutely nothing that the others won’t address.

CardinalLaw

Postby CardinalLaw » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 pm

So only having one professor won't raise any red flags? (I have a very good GPA if that influences anything for the adcomms)

gaud

Postby gaud » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 pm

CardinalLaw wrote:So only having one professor won't raise any red flags? (I have a very good GPA if that influences anything for the adcomms)

Nope.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:08 pm

I only had one professor (who I had only taken one class with and was not close to) and I got in exactly where my numbers indicated I would.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”