Updating LORs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
qvorum

Updating LORs

Postby qvorum » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Hey guys, I applied the last application cycle, but things didn't go as well as I was hoping they will... Anyways, the new applications are coming out so I am starting all over again...

A few professors wrote me recommendations for the last cycle. I graduated from college in May and now I am wondering if I should ask them to resubmit the LORs with small changes. My concern is that now when I am not a student, there might be small inaccuracies in the recommendations: ex. "XXXX XXXX is one of my best students" as opposed to "was". It seems like a big hassle for such small corrections. What do you think? Would school care too much about that?

Thanks.

top30man

Re: Updating LORs

Postby top30man » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. I'd just use the old ones.

qvorum

Postby qvorum » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:11 am

This was my first guess too. I was just concerned that my profs might have went on explaining I am currently enrolled in their classes, which is obviously not the case anymore. It might be a bit confusing for schools. In the very least, it paints me as slightly negligent...

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:39 am

qvorum wrote:This was my first guess too. I was just concerned that my profs might have went on explaining I am currently enrolled in their classes, which is obviously not the case anymore. It might be a bit confusing for schools. In the very least, it paints me as slightly negligent...

If you're worried about this, why not ask the professors if there was anything in their letter that might be outdated, as you're reapplying to law school this year?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”