Criminal record Q

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tryingtomakeit

Criminal record Q

Postby tryingtomakeit » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 am

On the William&Mary application, I was asked about a criminal record. Last June I was given a speeding ticket for going 111 mph and for reckless driving. It wasn't a misdemeanor, but I did have to appear in court and plead no contest. Should this be mentioned?

Edit: 111mph
Last edited by tryingtomakeit on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smumps

Re: Criminal record Q

Postby Smumps » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:02 am

How the hell did you manage to go over 120 mph? My car would fall apart before it did that.

Real answer: It depends on the wording of the question on the application. When in doubt, disclose.

tryingtomakeit

Postby tryingtomakeit » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:10 am

Lol. I have no idea, it just kind of happened, but I don't know how to explain this in an addendum.

TopHatToad

Postby TopHatToad » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:51 am

So you were cited for reckless driving, and it wasn't even a misdemeanor? As the Aussies say, good on ya', mate.

If you're unsure, disclose is always the answer. Does it warrant an addendum? Probably not.

tryingtomakeit wrote:On the William&Mary application, I was asked about a criminal record. Last June I was given a speeding ticket for going over 120 mph and for reckless driving. It wasn't a misdemeanor, but I did have to appear in court and plead no contest and I was. Should this be mentioned?

Also, what got chopped off?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”