Question re: LSAC CAS - Transcript Reporting Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
westie25

Bronze

Question re: LSAC CAS - Transcript Reporting

Post by westie25 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I was in the process of adding schools to my LSAC account in order to start getting transcripts sent to LSAC. When I went to report the school where I received my Associate's degree, the options for level attended were "Bachelor's," "Graduate," or "Law." I did not receive a bachelor's, nor was I there to obtain one. What should I do? If my Associate's degree is not reported it majorly screws my GPA. If I choose "Bachelor's," am I being dishonest? Additionally, the school changed its name since I attened. Will this be an issue? Thanks!

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Question re: LSAC CAS - Transcript Reporting

Post by bp shinners » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:42 pm

westie25 wrote:I was in the process of adding schools to my LSAC account in order to start getting transcripts sent to LSAC. When I went to report the school where I received my Associate's degree, the options for level attended were "Bachelor's," "Graduate," or "Law." I did not receive a bachelor's, nor was I there to obtain one. What should I do? If my Associate's degree is not reported it majorly screws my GPA. If I choose "Bachelor's," am I being dishonest? Additionally, the school changed its name since I attened. Will this be an issue? Thanks!
Call up LSAC, they'll straighten it out.

meshugaat

New

Re: Question re: LSAC CAS - Transcript Reporting

Post by meshugaat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 am

westie25 wrote:I was in the process of adding schools to my LSAC account in order to start getting transcripts sent to LSAC. When I went to report the school where I received my Associate's degree, the options for level attended were "Bachelor's," "Graduate," or "Law." I did not receive a bachelor's, nor was I there to obtain one. What should I do? If my Associate's degree is not reported it majorly screws my GPA. If I choose "Bachelor's," am I being dishonest? Additionally, the school changed its name since I attened. Will this be an issue? Thanks!
You submit your transcript for the associate's degree as "Bachelor's." You are not being dishonest. LSAC can differentiate between them and the transcript from the school at which you actually obtained your bachelor's degree. In fact, I believe it asks you which school is which when you are adding schools.

I have two associate's degrees, and I did exactly what I just told you to do. LSAC lists these transcripts, upon receipt, under a category called "Other Institutions." It lists your bachelor's degree transcript under a category called "Bachelor's Degree-granting Institution".

As for the school changing names, call LSAC and ask how they want you to handle it to avoid confusion/delayed processing.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”