C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby 071816 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:09 am

LargeNinCharge wrote:What about Harvard Yale and Columbia?

Who cares about those TTTTs?

User avatar
shifty_eyed
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby shifty_eyed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:59 am

From the Michigan C/O 2016 thread
BuckinghamB wrote:Hey guys,
Just got an email from admissions about our entering class data. I remember anticipating this last year, so I figured I would let you know. Class size: 345, LSAT: 169 (same), GPA: 3.73 (dropped .03). I figured you guys might find this useful (or maybe not...since not much really changed median-wise).


Class size is down from 359 (c/o 2014)

Scuppers
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 am

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Scuppers » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:19 pm

We had two medians threads and they both died? Someone page Realmadrid.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby lovejopd » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:26 am

Wishfulthinker wrote:
UCLA

LSAT median: 168 (unchanged)
GPA Median: 3.78 (unchanged)
Enrolled: 309 (-11)

http://www.law.ucla.edu/prospective-stu ... ofile.aspx

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby helix23 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:19 pm

From the NYU C/O 2016 applicants thread

99.9luft wrote:re-posting the percentiles:


99.9luft wrote:Not sure if posted already:

CLS:

Median LSAT Score 172
Average LSAT Score: 171
25/75 LSAT: 170/174

Median UGPA: 3.71
Average GPA: 3.70
25/75 GPA: 3.58/3.83

NYU:

LSAT 75th% / 25th%: 173/169
GPA 75th% / 25th%: 3.8/3.5

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby 02889 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:51 pm

helix23 wrote:From the NYU C/O 2016 applicants thread

99.9luft wrote:re-posting the percentiles:


99.9luft wrote:Not sure if posted already:

CLS:

Median LSAT Score 172
Average LSAT Score: 171
25/75 LSAT: 170/174

Median UGPA: 3.71
Average GPA: 3.70
25/75 GPA: 3.58/3.83

NYU:

LSAT 75th% / 25th%: 173/169
GPA 75th% / 25th%: 3.8/3.5

First posted in other medians thread. Then quoted in NYU thread. Then quoted from NYU thread in this medians thread. Someone needs to quote this and post it back into the original medians thread, and start a magical infinite loop.

User avatar
helix23
Posts: 1807
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby helix23 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm

02889 wrote:First posted in other medians thread. Then quoted in NYU thread. Then quoted from NYU thread in this medians thread. Someone needs to quote this and post it back into the original medians thread, and start a magical infinite loop.


lol this is like a game of telephone, who knows if those medians are accurate anymore.

PriOSky
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby PriOSky » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm

CLS:
Matriculants 368
25/50/75 Percentile LSAT 170/172/174
25/50/75 Percentile UGPA 3.58/3.71/3.83

http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/ ... ss-profile

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby thelawyler » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:00 pm

PriOSky wrote:CLS:
Matriculants 368
25/50/75 Percentile LSAT 170/172/174
25/50/75 Percentile UGPA 3.58/3.71/3.83

http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/ ... ss-profile


Good to see CLS responsibly make their class smaller in this economy. NYU should have actually done the same. 450~ is a bit too big.

Swimp
Posts: 493
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:32 am

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Swimp » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:28 pm

thelawyler wrote:
PriOSky wrote:CLS:
Matriculants 368
25/50/75 Percentile LSAT 170/172/174
25/50/75 Percentile UGPA 3.58/3.71/3.83

http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/ ... ss-profile


Good to see CLS responsibly make their class smaller in this economy. NYU should have actually done the same. 450~ is a bit too big.


I wouldn't be surprised if NYU is planning on it.

User avatar
VUSisterRayVU
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Swimp wrote:
thelawyler wrote:
PriOSky wrote:CLS:
Matriculants 368
25/50/75 Percentile LSAT 170/172/174
25/50/75 Percentile UGPA 3.58/3.71/3.83

http://web.law.columbia.edu/admissions/ ... ss-profile


Good to see CLS responsibly make their class smaller in this economy. NYU should have actually done the same. 450~ is a bit too big.


I wouldn't be surprised if NYU is planning on it.


I hope not.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 pm

Did Columbia take the initiative to lower their class size as a responsible measure, or is that just where they wound up after securing their medians?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Yukos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Can KevinP update the OP? The other thread's OP is an unreadable mess compared to how nice and color-coded this one is.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby KevinP » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:33 pm

^I've been really busy with work so haven't had time. But I'll update the thread later today.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Yukos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:39 pm

KevinP wrote:^I've been really busy with work so haven't had time. But I'll update the thread later today.


:) Thanks! I appreciate how you put this together -- I wouldn't care if that you stopped updating if the OP wasn't laid out so well!

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby KevinP » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:10 am

Yukos wrote:
KevinP wrote:^I've been really busy with work so haven't had time. But I'll update the thread later today.


:) Thanks! I appreciate how you put this together -- I wouldn't care if that you stopped updating if the OP wasn't laid out so well!

No problem. I've updated the original post with more medians, but I'm sure I missed a few schools.

User avatar
lovejopd
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby lovejopd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:36 am

KevinP wrote:
Yukos wrote:
KevinP wrote:^I've been really busy with work so haven't had time. But I'll update the thread later today.


:) Thanks! I appreciate how you put this together -- I wouldn't care if that you stopped updating if the OP wasn't laid out so well!

No problem. I've updated the original post with more medians, but I'm sure I missed a few schools.


Thx! Missed UCLA

Wishfulthinker wrote:
UCLA

LSAT median: 168 (unchanged)
GPA Median: 3.78 (unchanged)
Enrolled: 309 (-11)

http://www.law.ucla.edu/prospective-stu ... ofile.aspx

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby geary86 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:50 am

KevinP wrote:
Yukos wrote:
KevinP wrote:^I've been really busy with work so haven't had time. But I'll update the thread later today.


:) Thanks! I appreciate how you put this together -- I wouldn't care if that you stopped updating if the OP wasn't laid out so well!

No problem. I've updated the original post with more medians, but I'm sure I missed a few schools.


:D Thank you so much.

You ROCK!

Scuppers
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:29 am

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Scuppers » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 pm


User avatar
Bikeflip
Posts: 1833
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Bikeflip » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Adding to the info pile:

Denver (#69): 159 (0) 3.46 (0) 291, 240 FT, 51 PT (-10, -3.3% +1 FT, +.4% and -11 PT, -17.7%)

Sources: http://www.law.du.edu/index.php/admissi ... statistics and http://www.law.du.edu/documents/financi ... r-Info.pdf

onionz
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby onionz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:37 am

BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)

zman
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 am

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby zman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Scuppers wrote:http://law.pepperdine.edu/admissions/learn-more/facts/

162 (-1); 3.63 (0); 213 (?)



pretty good GPAs but LSAT not so much. still got considering they got sued. We shall see Uc Irvine now that they dont have the sweetheart scholarship deals.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Yukos » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:29 pm

GULC:

Georgetown wrote:Median LSAT: 169 (-1), Median GPA: 3.73(+.02), 522 FT, 56 PT (not sure the breakdown but class is about ~20 smaller overall)


Source: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/web- ... e-back.cfm

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby HeavenWood » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:35 pm

From the new Penn Law Viewbook:

LSAT 25th-75th: 164-171
GPA 25th-75th: 3.56-3.94

75th %ile GPA up a .01, 25th %ile GPA down .02, 25th %ile LSAT down 2.

No word on medians yet.

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: C/O 2015 Medians and Class Sizes

Postby Robespierre » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Yukos wrote:GULC:

Georgetown wrote:Median LSAT: 169 (-1), Median GPA: 3.73(+.02), 522 FT, 56 PT (not sure the breakdown but class is about ~20 smaller overall)


Source: http://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/web- ... e-back.cfm


How do you get that the class is about 20 smaller overall? That wasn't my understanding.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], TriSapien and 10 guests