explain in lsat addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
rglifberg

Bronze

explain in lsat addendum?

Post by rglifberg » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm re-taking in October but I'm planning on applying on day 1 apps come out in September. This will be my third te-take. My second was much higher than the first but my score is still about 3 points below the medians of my target schools. I was planning on putting in an addendum that the second score is much more representative but was still and underperformance for me which is why I'm re-taking in Oct. The reason I want to apply early is because I feel this will give me the best shot at acceptance + the drop in lsat scores will be in my favor. Also, some of these schools have really quick turnarounds which is another reason. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this, thanks!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: explain in lsat addendum?

Post by rinkrat19 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:04 pm

A better score in October will FAR outweigh any minimal advantage gained by applying as soon as apps come out. Just wait until you have the score.

By Nov 1 - quite early
By Thanksgiving - early
By Xmas - on time
After Xmas - late

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 pm

rglifberg wrote:I was planning on putting in an addendum that the second score is much more representative but was still and underperformance for me which is why I'm re-taking in Oct.
You need to back that up with a higher score. My advice would line up with rinkrat's.

rglifberg

Bronze

Post by rglifberg » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks that's most likely what I'll be doing. The reason I was debating doing this was because I figured I might still get in with my current score, and the earlier the better. And I figured if they want a higher score they will know that I'm re-taking in October and perhaps put my app to the side?

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:07 pm

rglifberg wrote:Thanks that's most likely what I'll be doing. The reason I was debating doing this was because I figured I might still get in with my current score, and the earlier the better. And I figured if they want a higher score they will know that I'm re-taking in October and perhaps put my app to the side?
Not how it works. They'll either consider you with the score you apply with, or they'll hold consideration of your application until your score is updated with the new one (and not look at it until then).

Though this might be a wonky cycle, so who knows? I wouldn't mess with it, though, and if you think you need better numbers to have a shot, hold off on applying until you have those numbers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”