Nebraska Law School Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kstone6

New

Nebraska Law School

Post by kstone6 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 pm

First time posting, but I have been creeping the site for a while now. Just wanted some input from what looks like some honest people. I admit I didn't always want to go to law school but have become crazy interested about it over the last couple years. I will be a senior this coming year. I have a 3.1 GPA and I haven't been scoring extremely high on my PT's (low-mid 150's). I am a D-2 athlete in a lot of EC's and have good LOR's and all that BS. I have the goal to go to school and work in Nebraska (home state). I just want to know if I would be making a terrible mistake going to Nebraska Lincoln at sticker if that is all the better I can do on the LSAT? I plan on taking it October.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Re: Nebraska Law School

Post by DocHawkeye » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:16 am

Rising Nebraska 2L here. The short answer is no. Nebraskans are fiercely proud of their University and UNL law grads place well in Nebraska, especially in Lincoln and out-state. Creighton tends to lead, but does not wholly own, the Omaha market because of its location. I suspect with a 3.1 and an LSAT in the mid-150's, there might be some scholarship money from UNL and probably more from Creighton. I'd be happy to answer other questions that you might have. Good luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”