Community College

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Community College

Postby top30man » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:01 pm

They don't care. Gpa is the only thing that matters.

User avatar
Cerebro
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Community College

Postby Cerebro » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:48 pm

top30man wrote:They don't care. Gpa is the only thing that matters.


Which GPA do they look at on the LSAC Academic Summary Report - the Degree (Summary) GPA, or the Cumulative GPA? Do they give more weight to one of them?

presidentk1
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Re: Community College

Postby presidentk1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 pm

LSAC Cum GPA is all that matters

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Community College

Postby top30man » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm

Cerebro wrote:
top30man wrote:They don't care. Gpa is the only thing that matters.


Which GPA do they look at on the LSAC Academic Summary Report - the Degree (Summary) GPA, or the Cumulative GPA? Do they give more weight to one of them?

The cumulative. Major doesn't matter.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Community College

Postby DaRascal » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 am

So what if someone just stayed 3 years in a community college getting 4.0's (sacrificing a year to make sure the LSDAS was beefed up) and then they transferred to a really easy school and maintained a 4.0 or close to it?

Honestly, that should be the model for every prospective law student >>> 2 years of 4.0's at CC >>> 1 year of at least 3.8 at a very easy school >>> 3.9+ LSDAS

User avatar
barestin
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: Community College

Postby barestin » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:51 am

DaRascal wrote:So what if someone just stayed 3 years in a community college getting 4.0's (sacrificing a year to make sure the LSDAS was beefed up) and then they transferred to a really easy school and maintained a 4.0 or close to it?

Honestly, that should be the model for every prospective law student >>> 2 years of 4.0's at CC >>> 1 year of at least 3.8 at a very easy school >>> 3.9+ LSDAS


Bingo! I wish someone told me this when I was a senior in high school. Even better, transfer to an easy undergrad from CC that gives A+ to really pad that GPA. In the end, big law firms MIGHT care about the prestige of your undergrad, but law schools don't.

User avatar
Cerebro
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Re: Community College

Postby Cerebro » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:05 am

.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests