High June LSAT, no emails from ANY admissions offices

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jwthurman

High June LSAT, no emails from ANY admissions offices

Postby jwthurman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 pm

I scored a 176 on the June LSAT. I checked the box on the LSAC website indicating that I wanted my scores released to schools. I called LSAC and was told that the scores have been sent out. Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting the cold shoulder?

Sounder89

Re: High June LSAT, no emails from ANY admissions offices

Postby Sounder89 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Consider yourself lucky. I scored high on the June LSAT and have been getting nothing but constant desperate-sounding spam from Charlotte School of Law and Cooley for weeks now. Not one email from a semi-respectable school. In a recent thread like this one, people were talking about how they got fee waivers from 1st tier schools and in a few cases, T14s. But so far I've had nothing that wasn't along the lines of "please come to our sh**y school you'll love it here we need your money please!!!"

honeybadger12

Postby honeybadger12 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:00 pm

jwthurman wrote:I scored a 176 on the June LSAT. I checked the box on the LSAC website indicating that I wanted my scores released to schools. I called LSAC and was told that the scores have been sent out. Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting the cold shoulder?

You'll apparently be accepted at Rutgers without even applying so don't be too mad lol

TheColonel

Postby TheColonel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 pm

For what its worth, I got an unsolicited fee waiver from William and Mary with my 173 in June.

top30man

Postby top30man » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:33 pm

You'll start getting more in the next few weeks. If you're in a rush than solicit your own from schools.

senorhosh

Postby senorhosh » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Same here. Was wondering where my fee waivers were. I can't pay for many schools right now.
I did get the William and Mary one too. But that's about it.

soj

Postby soj » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Check last year's fee waiver tracking thread to get an idea of when good schools start sending out fee waivers.

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

jwthurman wrote:I scored a 176 on the June LSAT. I checked the box on the LSAC website indicating that I wanted my scores released to schools. I called LSAC and was told that the scores have been sent out. Does anyone have any idea why I'm getting the cold shoulder?

+1, same. You're not the only one getting the cold shoulder. Maybe when they looked at your LSAC they didn't like your name, or your writing sample is really messy like mine :mrgreen:

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Sounder89 wrote:

+1, same. You're not the only one getting the cold shoulder. Maybe when they looked at your LSAC they didn't like your name, or your writing sample is really messy like mine :mrgreen:
Do you have an LSAC or self-reported GPA in your profile? Do you have preferences set for what schools you're looking at?

Pathika

Postby Pathika » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I got a 179 in June, though not this year. When I did, I didn't start getting fee waivers until October, so you may have some time to wait. I would suggest emailing any schools you are interested in with a standard, form email and ask them if they will give you one. Though, if memory serves, most of the schools I emailed said they usually don't/can't start giving out fee waivers until their applications are live on LSAC.

This is the fee waiver email I used when I was applying:

Admissions Office -

My name is John Q. Public and I am interested in applying to your school, but have limited funds to do so and was hoping you might grant me a fee waiver. My LSAC number is L123456. I went to XYZ undergrad and my GPA is 3.9 and I scored a 179 on the June LSAT. If you are able to grant me a fee waiver, I will surely apply as soon as possible. Thank you.

- John

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 am

I got a fee waiver from UCLA earlier today, which has been my first fee waiver from a top 20 law school. Hopefully there will be more to come!

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:15 am

Don't sweat it...the letters and emails are coming.

outlookingin

Postby outlookingin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:41 am

Sounder89 wrote:I got a fee waiver from UCLA earlier today, which has been my first fee waiver from a top 20 law school. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Yeah got it from UCLA today as well with my June 175. When does the Duke Priority Track thing happen?

Sounder89

Postby Sounder89 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 pm

outlookingin wrote:
Sounder89 wrote:I got a fee waiver from UCLA earlier today, which has been my first fee waiver from a top 20 law school. Hopefully there will be more to come!

Yeah got it from UCLA today as well with my June 175. When does the Duke Priority Track thing happen?

I got the Duke priority track email this morning.

jwthurman

Postby jwthurman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
Sounder89 wrote:

Do you have an LSAC or self-reported GPA in your profile? Do you have preferences set for what schools you're looking at?

Yeah, I'm set up for CRS. I spoke with someone at LSAC who said that schools do not send out fee waivers for retakers. It seemed odd that all schools would have the same policy, but I took her at her word. Will call again tomorrow. I seem to receive a different answer every time I speak to someone there.

jwthurman

Postby jwthurman » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:38 pm

Pathika wrote:

I got a 179 in June, though not this year. When I did, I didn't start getting fee waivers until October, so you may have some time to wait. I would suggest emailing any schools you are interested in with a standard, form email and ask them if they will give you one. Though, if memory serves, most of the schools I emailed said they usually don't/can't start giving out fee waivers until their applications are live on LSAC.

This is the fee waiver email I used when I was applying:

Admissions Office -

Thank you very much. I was worried about seeming bothersome, but I might as well throw this out. Thanks again

My name is John Q. Public and I am interested in applying to your school, but have limited funds to do so and was hoping you might grant me a fee waiver. My LSAC number is L123456. I went to XYZ undergrad and my GPA is 3.9 and I scored a 179 on the June LSAT. If you are able to grant me a fee waiver, I will surely apply as soon as possible. Thank you.

- John

shntn

Postby shntn » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Yeah no kidding. Those e-mails are annoying as shit. Be glad you're not flooded with them.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Fucking Liberty University law school... yeah, never gonna happen.

facile princeps

Postby facile princeps » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:47 pm

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 pm

jwthurman wrote:Yeah, I'm set up for CRS. I spoke with someone at LSAC who said that schools do not send out fee waivers for retakers. It seemed odd that all schools would have the same policy, but I took her at her word. Will call again tomorrow. I seem to receive a different answer every time I speak to someone there.

That hasn't been the case for me. I retook in June for the second time, and I've received almost all of the fee waivers mentioned on TLS. I also received a ton after my first retake in Dec.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”