(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm

Anyone know if there are any relevant differences between the 3rd, 4th and 5th editions? I read most of the book about five years ago but there have been two releases since.
Last edited by cahwc12 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Re: Montauk's How To Get Into Top Law Schools edition difference

Postby North » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 am

I have an older edition and this is unrelated to your question, but throughout my edition of the book Montauk frequently interchanges "top law schools" for "top business schools" and "Juris Doctorate" for "MBA." Dead serious. The advice in the book is solid -- helped me a ton with putting together information for my LOR writers -- but it made me wonder every few pages whether he had really copied and pasted that much from his How to get into the Top Business Schools book or if his editor was really that terrible. Probably both.

But yeah, I got my older edition for about $1.00 on half.com. No amount of revolutionary information in the new edition could steer me away from that bargain. Anyway, pretty much all of what the book says is already common wisdom on TLS. Just get the cheap one and create a thread on here if you want to know anything else.

BEAST_mode

Postby BEAST_mode » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:51 am

North wrote:I have an older edition and this is unrelated to your question, but throughout my edition of the book Montauk frequently interchanges "top law schools" for "top business schools" and "Juris Doctorate" for "MBA." Dead serious. The advice in the book is solid -- helped me a ton with putting together information for my LOR writers -- but it made me wonder every few pages whether he had really copied and pasted that much from his How to get into the Top Business Schools book or if his editor was really that terrible. Probably both.

But yeah, I got my older edition for about $1.00 on half.com. No amount of revolutionary information in the new edition could steer me away from that bargain. Anyway, pretty much all of what the book says is already common wisdom on TLS. Just get the cheap one and create a thread on here if you want to know anything else.

TLS advice is more responsive, more up to date, and free.

cahwc12

Postby cahwc12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:50 pm

thanks, I'll go check out the 3rd edition from my local library!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”