ASU medians

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tbird

ASU medians

Postby tbird » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 am

Will ASU be able to change it's medians rapidly? With their jumping 15 spots this year, the numbers they admit seem completely out of place on mylsn.info. What are their current medians? Will they be able to change them with the smaller numbers of applicants? Is it more likely to stay the same? My assumption is that it would take a couple of years in a good market for them to bring in better applicants and LSAT/GPA numbers....

Mal Reynolds

Re: ASU medians

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am

Dude, don't even worry about the medians. The 15 spot jump means employers are flocking to ASU IN DROVES. Mottles and Bodels are in your future.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 am

tbird wrote:Will ASU be able to change it's medians rapidly? With their jumping 15 spots this year, the numbers they admit seem completely out of place on mylsn.info. What are their current medians? Will they be able to change them with the smaller numbers of applicants? Is it more likely to stay the same? My assumption is that it would take a couple of years in a good market for them to bring in better applicants and LSAT/GPA numbers....

If I recall correctly, USNews rankings are 1 year behind current numbers (they are based on the graduating class of 2011 for 2012's rankings). ASU's ranking jump reflects a change in 2011 numbers, not last year. Medians have probably already increased for this year's incoming class (class of 2015), but those medians won't have an effect on its ranking until next year's rankings (2013), but will likely impact admissions for the 2012-2013 cycle.

tbird

Postby tbird » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:01 am

I will be applying for the 2012-2013 cycle that is why I am worried. I have a 3.51 in Chemical Engineering and scored a 165 in June. I am just trying to gauge my odds of getting in, since I dont want to move. I am contemplating whether I should re-take in October to try to improve, but I dont think I will be able to with school(brutal) and my current job(at a law firm), I wont have any time for the LSAT during the semester.

I think by mylsn.info or lsn standards, I would appear to be a lock, but I worry that it will become harder to get in next cycle. Hopefully the lower numbers of applicants makes it easier?

Mal Reynolds

Postby Mal Reynolds » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:03 am

If anything next cycle will be the same or easier. You'll be fine with a 165 which is at the school's 75th percentile.

Yardbird

Postby Yardbird » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 am

tbird wrote:I will be applying for the 2012-2013 cycle that is why I am worried. I have a 3.51 in Chemical Engineering and scored a 165 in June. I am just trying to gauge my odds of getting in, since I dont want to move. I am contemplating whether I should re-take in October to try to improve, but I dont think I will be able to with school(brutal) and my current job(at a law firm), I wont have any time for the LSAT during the semester.

I think by mylsn.info or lsn standards, I would appear to be a lock, but I worry that it will become harder to get in next cycle. Hopefully the lower numbers of applicants makes it easier?

Apply Early Action and write a good personal statement and a compelling Why ASU

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:36 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Dude, don't even worry about the medians. The 15 spot jump means employers are flocking to ASU IN DROVES. Mottles and Bodels are in your future.

IN DROVES I TELL YOU

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”