Grades Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ozymandias

Bronze

Re: 3.84 to 3.76, how much damage has been done?

Post by Ozymandias » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:51 pm

JohnV wrote:
bloobook wrote:Are you basically asking how crappy you can do on the LSAT without missing out on certain schools? Just aim for a 180.

I do also think you're going to have a difficult time in law school with your attitude, but people have already ragged on you enough about it.
Only if everyone in law school happens to be as much of a dick as everyone here has been.
They pretty much are. Law school is full of assholes and whiners.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:21 pm

JohnV wrote:EDIT: Alternatively, after this last semester the difference could be a 3.79 and a 3.86.

EDIT 2: This thread was intended to ask about the 3.8 floor, and if I have a chance at HYS. It was not/is not about random evauation on my internal blame-placing process. If you disagree with my position in the post, that's fine, but at least try to direct your post at helping answer the question I asked rather than solely coming to tell me your position on my inner-justifications.

As mentioned in another post, I had some damage done to my GPA... totally needlessly, which is the part that hurts the most.

Basically, 3 hours of a B came from some bad advising in which I went in to find out if I already had the credit for this required class from an A credit (and a transfer), because the website said I did not. Turns out, due to the transfer, I had the credit and my advisor just didn't know what he was talking about. By the time I found out the date to drop had already passed and I was stuck with my B.

Later, I took Spanish 1 at my first school and got an A. I transfered to a bigger/tougher school, and due to their re-organizing of their spanish curriculum I had to take a Spanish 1 - 2 class and recieved a B-, this class being 6 hours worth. I ended up taking the rest of my spanish during the summer at a community college (cheaper, quicker, easier). The result being that the B- I got actually serves no purpose, I wasn't able to use it as a Spanish 2 course because it didn't completely fill the requirements of the CC's Spanish 2 course, so now I have Spanish 1 at one school, Spanish 1/2 at another, and Spanish 2, 3, and 4 at yet another.

So now I have 9 hours of useless credit that has done .08 damage to my GPA and it seems that a lot of the top schools have a 3.8 GPA floor, at least that's the indication on LSN. What do you guys think? I doubt there is anything I can do to remedy the situation (I've tried), so now I'm just assessing the damage.
On the bright side, you've gotta be pretty fucking good at Spanish by now.

thederangedwang

Silver

Post by thederangedwang » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:07 pm

maybe if you had God as your adviser, or prayed a bit more (or at all) you wouldnt be in this situation. HTH

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 pm

How the hell did you get a B- in a class you already took? I suggest another career path. Maybe start an atheist support group for all of the mistreatment you have experienced.

JohnV

Bronze

Post by JohnV » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Last edited by JohnV on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Map Cat

New

Post by Map Cat » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:43 am

JohnV wrote:Lol God as my adviser. I guess a non-existent adviser may have been better than one that confidently gave completely incorrect information.
Since when is it your advisor's job to know what credits you earned at another school? It's your reponsibility to find out what you need, however you have to do that. Do you accept all information given to you as being true? You might want to change that habit before law school.

JohnV

Bronze

Post by JohnV » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am

Last edited by JohnV on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

honeybadger12

Bronze

Post by honeybadger12 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 am

JohnV wrote:
bloobook wrote:Are you basically asking how crappy you can do on the LSAT without missing out on certain schools? Just aim for a 180.

I do also think you're going to have a difficult time in law school with your attitude, but people have already ragged on you enough about it.
Only if everyone in law school happens to be as much of a dick as everyone here has been.
I think/hope anonymous TLS users are not a representative sample of the law school student body

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”