Whee, another addendum thread! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
twenty

Gold

Whee, another addendum thread!

Post by twenty » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Do I write addendums for:

1) Having a freaky-looking transcript with 110+ units of transferred-in P/F classes (I do have an LSAC GPA)

2) Taking the June LSAT with pneumonia

3) Attending an unranked college (think slightly better than University of Phoenix)

thx <333

thederangedwang

Silver

Re: Whee, another addendum thread!

Post by thederangedwang » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:29 pm

No

No

No

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 am

twentypercentmore wrote:Do I write addendums for:

1) Having a freaky-looking transcript with 110+ units of transferred-in P/F classes (I do have an LSAC GPA)

2) Taking the June LSAT with pneumonia

3) Attending an unranked college (think slightly better than University of Phoenix)

thx <333
1) If looking at your transcript gives me questions about your academic background, you should write an addendum. If you have 110+ units of P/F credits transferred from somewhere, there's gotta be a weird timeline going on. If that's the case, I'd consider writing an addendum.

2) If you have another LSAT score that's significantly higher than the June LSAT (by the time you apply), then yes. If not, then no.

3) Nope.

GirlStop

Bronze

Post by GirlStop » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:53 am

BPShinners,

Do you have any recommendations for an LSAT addendum explaining a score increase of more than 5 points? Nothing crazy or fantastic happened, I found TLS and learned how to study for it.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:26 pm

GirlStop wrote:BPShinners,

Do you have any recommendations for an LSAT addendum explaining a score increase of more than 5 points? Nothing crazy or fantastic happened, I found TLS and learned how to study for it.
Nope. There's not really anything solid to say. Call up the admissions offices of the schools to which you plan to apply. Ask them if they want an addendum for the score increase even if it just says you prepared more for the exam the second time.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:50 pm

I agree with Wang. I think you would be better off not writing any of these. Definitely not 1 or 3.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”