Re-registering for CAS in order to receive a fee waiver

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dsn32

Re-registering for CAS in order to receive a fee waiver

Postby dsn32 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:42 pm

I cannot for the life of me find how you "re-register" for the Credential Assembly Service, and a fee waiver I have received requests that I do so in order to appear on their list this fall. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

jared6180

Re: Re-registering for CAS in order to receive a fee waiver

Postby jared6180 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:12 am

dsn32 wrote:I cannot for the life of me find how you "re-register" for the Credential Assembly Service, and a fee waiver I have received requests that I do so in order to appear on their list this fall. Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to do this?

Interesting. I just got a waiver after paying for CAS last month. Now they are supposed to send a refund. I wonder if I might have to re-register

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:20 am

do you mean that you applied last year and are reapplying?
If so, there's an application year in your personal settings that you can switch to this year. After I switched mine, I got a bunch of rando waivers.

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 am

Yeah I paid for CAS in May assuming they'd realize I wasn't going to apply for schools for the 2011-12 cycle that late. I'm hoping this is an easily resolvable issue, but I really have no idea.

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am

JamMasterJ wrote:do you mean that you applied last year and are reapplying?
If so, there's an application year in your personal settings that you can switch to this year. After I switched mine, I got a bunch of rando waivers.

I did not apply last year, and I cannot find this application year setting on my LSAC profile. How do you get to this?

Postby 2014 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:46 am

Log In --> My Account --> Profile --> CRS (Left side bar) --> Edit CRS Preferences --> Under Additional Academic Information chance "Expected Law School Enrollment Year" to 2013 --> Submit

People have also talked about potentially registering for an LSAC Forum helping to reset you to the next year too so you might do that (It's free and it doesn't matter if you don't show up).

dsn32

Postby dsn32 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:07 pm

2014 wrote:Log In --> My Account --> Profile --> CRS (Left side bar) --> Edit CRS Preferences --> Under Additional Academic Information chance "Expected Law School Enrollment Year" to 2013 --> Submit

People have also talked about potentially registering for an LSAC Forum helping to reset you to the next year too so you might do that (It's free and it doesn't matter if you don't show up).

Thank you, this was extremely helpful! Also, registering for the LSAC forum states that it will release your info, including application year, to all participating schools. This will likely help on a regional basis for solving the problem I was having (for future TLSers reading this).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”