Scholarship Question with retake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
tbird

New

Scholarship Question with retake

Post by tbird » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:55 pm

I have a 3.51 in Chemical Engineering. I got a 165 first take in June. I was scoring around that towards the end of my practice tests, 165/167, so I think I performed pretty well for my abilities. I do feel like with another couple months of work I am more than capable of scoring higher. I got a 165 missing 5 on my last logical reasoning section, and missing 7 on my logic games. I think I can do a lot better than that, especially with some more work on my games section, which seems to be the section you can improve the most. I am usually very consistent at LR and RC.

My question though is will a couple of points help me get a lot more scholarship money at ASU? I am doing undergrad at ASU, own a house here, already work at a law firm here, and have a lot of connections here due to my current job. I think it would be awesome to get into a T14 school, but I think that would be a waste of time and money since I want to end up living in AZ anyways. I think with the 165 I stand a good chance to get some small scholly money, especially with declining application numbers. Would a 167 or higher get me a lot more money? Does ASU give any full-ride scholys? What are the numbers of people getting those? Will it hurt me if for some reason I retake and end up with a worse LSAT score? I feel like the pressure is actually off this time around since I already got a score well above their median. Let me know.

Thanks,

Nova

Platinum

Re: Scholarship Question with retake

Post by Nova » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:07 pm

tbird wrote:My question though is will a couple of points help me get a lot more scholarship money at ASU?
Would a 167 or higher get me a lot more money?
Does ASU give any full-ride scholys?
What are the numbers of people getting those?
Will it hurt me if for some reason I retake and end up with a worse LSAT score?
Probably.
Probably.
IDK. (80k max, but thats probably OOS).
Above both 75ths.
No.

Looks like much will come down to your negotiating skills with Shelli.

http://asu.lawschoolnumbers.com/applica ... order=desc
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=189474

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”