Management Consulting WE

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jhk634

Management Consulting WE

Postby jhk634 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:47 am

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard of anything regarding post-UG work experience at a management consulting firm (like McKinsey, Bain, BCG) and how that played into admissions into law school. So far, I have heard that the only place where that would factor in would be NW, but I am curious if it holds true in any sense for HYS.

IAFG

Re: Management Consulting WE

Postby IAFG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:52 am

Every school is going to like it. No one (not even NU) is going to view it as a game-changer (in the sense that you will overcome auto-reject numbers on the basis of it).

$$$$$$

Postby $$$$$$ » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 am

Probably looks good for Stanford as they are a school that relishes the start-up. MBB picks people with raw intellectual horsepower and that always looks good. It will look much better though for employment purposes, should get a huge boost for OCI.

jhk634

Postby jhk634 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:10 pm

My impression from most is that the "helpful for OCI, not so much for admissions" mantra for valuable WE holds true for MBB consultant applicants. Any people able to confirm/deny this (either that it doesn't help with OCI or that it does help with admissions)?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”