LSAC GPA and extension credits Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Finanigans

New

LSAC GPA and extension credits

Post by Finanigans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello all,

At my college (university of washington) we have a credit by examination policy, whereby students can "challenge" selected classes they did not take by taking a test on the material. If you get over a 2.0, you pass and get credit for the class. I did this for the intermediate Spanish series to fulfill a gen ed requirement and received grades of 3.2, 3.2, and 2.0, so I received credit for all three. I am extremely worried, however, that these grades will be factored into my lsac gpa. My school does not incorporate the grades into my gpa, and are listed under AP/independent study/extension credits. What do you guys think?

Nova

Platinum

Re: LSAC GPA and extension credits

Post by Nova » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 pm

My guess is that since its pass/fail, it will not be included. What exactly does it say under "AP/independent study/extension credits."? does it actually say 3.2, 3.2, 2.0?

Either way, there's not much you can do about it. You might as well submit your transcripts now and check it out if it is bothering you.

Archangel

Bronze

Post by Archangel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

http://www.lsac.org/policies/transcript ... zation.asp

http://www.lsac.org/Members/TranscriptK ... earch.aspx

These two links combined will provide you with the best interpretive scope applicable to your situation.

:mrgreen:

Finanigans

New

Post by Finanigans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Unfortunately the grade is shown on the transcript

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Finanigans

New

Post by Finanigans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it. None of the sites seem to mention these credit by exam grades though. If they're factored in they'll drop my gpa a full .07 :/

Archangel

Bronze

Post by Archangel » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:04 pm

Let me illustrate a concrete example to dispel any ambiguity. I took a credit by exam and received a 4.0. It was calculated in my LSAC GPA.

If there is an issue with your GPA it would be prudent to conclude that your LSAT score will trump your GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”