LSAC Expiration Date

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sweetfrenchtoast

LSAC Expiration Date

Postby sweetfrenchtoast » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi All,

My LSAC account expires in November. I'll be taking the LSAT in October and (most likely) applying this cycle. While I'm not worried about my LSAT being kept on file (for 5 years, yada yada), I am worried about whether they'll hold my letters of reccomendation, transcripts, etc. What's the deal here? Is your entire account renewed for 5 years once you take the LSAT? Or should I cancel this account and make a new one?

I know that this question has been dealt with ad nauseum but I can't seem to find any solid answer in the forum for my situation. Apologies!!!!

dingbat

Re: LSAC Expiration Date

Postby dingbat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:28 am

Why don't you ask LSAC?

sweetfrenchtoast

Postby sweetfrenchtoast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 am

Thought I'd ask a community of people who may have dealt with a similar situation while I wait for a full response from them but thanks for the advice!

Yukos

Postby Yukos » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:16 am

sweetfrenchtoast wrote:Thought I'd ask a community of people who may have dealt with a similar situation while I wait for a full response from them but thanks for the advice!

I called LSAC once and they were very responsive, although they didn't give me the answer I wanted to hear. Other people have reported the same thing.

This is more for other LS noobs out there, but definitely call LSAC if you have a question. Better than trusting a bunch of randoms on the internet if it's something important...

sweetfrenchtoast

Postby sweetfrenchtoast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:55 pm

For those interested, your account will be reactivated for 2 years once you register for the LSAT or apply to a school.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Yukos wrote:
sweetfrenchtoast wrote:Thought I'd ask a community of people who may have dealt with a similar situation while I wait for a full response from them but thanks for the advice!

I called LSAC once and they were very responsive, although they didn't give me the answer I wanted to hear. Other people have reported the same thing.

This is more for other LS noobs out there, but definitely call LSAC if you have a question. Better than
trusting a bunch of randoms on the internet if it's something important... is the kind of mindset every aspiring lawyer should have

I mean, seriously, OP, will you have the same attitude toward enrolment procedures? bar requirements? Court filings?
I don't mean to be harsh, but, grow up.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”