December Re-Take / Application Advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
drive4showLSAT4dough

December Re-Take / Application Advice

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:34 am

I'm a 164 / 3.5 currently. Going to retake in December (won't be ready by October) and I'm intent on applying this fall / winter. Of course, I'm hoping to get as close to a 180 as possible, and depending on how many points my LSAT improves (knock on wood), I'll have additional apps to send out around Jan 2013.

1. Do I apply to my current (164 / 3.5) targets as early as possbile, and then send my updated score to all, regardless of app status?
2. Do I sit on apps that would be currently reaches?

Any help is appreciated.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Re: December Re-Take / Application Advice

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 am

The whole point of this post is this: how do I gauge the fine line between improved LSAT score and early app submissions? (Waiting another year to apply is off the table.)

North

Postby North » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:48 am

Why can't you do October? There's still about three months to study and that would allow you to apply early.

The difference between an early application and an on-time application -- even if you only increase your score by a few points -- is staggering: Early; On-time. If it is at all possible, do October and submit your apps the day your score comes out.

drive4showLSAT4dough

Postby drive4showLSAT4dough » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am

North wrote:Why can't you do October? There's still about three months to study and that would allow you to apply early.

The difference between an early application and an on-time application -- even if you only increase your score by a few points -- is staggering: Early; On-time. If it is at all possible, do October.

Full time job w/ some travel for work coming up this summer. Plus two large summer commitments that eat my weekday nights and weekends until mid-August. So I'm giving myself Aug-Nov for 4 solid months.

Those charts are telling, though...

North

Postby North » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:07 pm

drive4showLSAT4dough wrote:Those charts are telling, though...
I don't know, bro, I say drop some of those commitments if you absolutely must go to law school next year. Those graphs say that you would be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't. I'm taking my own advice: if I don't score where I need to in October, I'm going to sit out. I hate the idea of it, but an early app it just too important.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”