Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 am

western new england school of law unsolicited

http://www1.law.wne.edu/prospective/ind ... n=doc.6690

Only $60k/yr COA

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Is it possible that NYU is not doing hidden/CRS fee waivers? I feel like it's taking them such a long time...

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm

JohnMarshall17 wrote:Is it possible that NYU is not doing hidden/CRS fee waivers? I feel like it's taking them such a long time...
Who knows...maybe in Oct? or maybe they aren't doing any merit based waivers anymore

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:13 pm

In case I don't get a chance to say it later: Good luck to everyone taking the LSATs next week!

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby geary86 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 am

Just got a fee waiver email from Temple~

"On behalf of the Faculty Admissions Committee, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to receive an application fee waiver for the fall 2013 entering class. The Committee was impressed with your credentials and hopes that you will consider applying to Temple."

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Yukos » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:25 am

geary86 wrote:Just got a fee waiver email from Temple~

"On behalf of the Faculty Admissions Committee, I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to receive an application fee waiver for the fall 2013 entering class. The Committee was impressed with your credentials and hopes that you will consider applying to Temple."


I love how they make it sound like they're going through candidate by candidate, discussing each one. "Oh, a 3.85 GPA. Very impressive! Send her a fee waiver!"

Instead of just filling in a couple of boxes and sending us all mass emails.

maxl847
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby maxl847 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Cornell just sent out a second wave

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:15 pm

maxl847 wrote:Cornell just sent out a second wave


:(

Well I got a fee waiver from PENN ....... state



Hopefully Cornell will send out a third round just after october retake scores come out and before the early action deadline....

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby 052220151 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:05 pm

^ just got penn state too.

I just tried to solicit a waiver from the only public LS in my state. I am well over both 75% marks. They emailed me back asking for all sorts of extra info. I'm not sure if I want to respond back, seeing as I will never attend.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby shntn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:11 pm

deputydog wrote:^ just got penn state too.

I just tried to solicit a waiver from the only public LS in my state. I am well over both 75% marks. They emailed me back asking for all sorts of extra info. I'm not sure if I want to respond back, seeing as I will never attend.

Meh, don't bother. Save your $21 for the CAS report and invest in booze.

voytek
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby voytek » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Somehow only just now found this spreadsheet. Thanks OP!

guinness1547
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:13 am

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby guinness1547 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Received a nice email from University of St. Thomas wishing me luck on the October LSAT...even though I'm not taking it, nor have I ever been signed up for it.

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Dr. Filth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:38 pm

guinness1547 wrote:Received a nice email from University of St. Thomas wishing me luck on the October LSAT...even though I'm not taking it, nor have I ever been signed up for it.

I was wondering if they knew something I didn't.

shntn
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby shntn » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:
guinness1547 wrote:Received a nice email from University of St. Thomas wishing me luck on the October LSAT...even though I'm not taking it, nor have I ever been signed up for it.

I was wondering if they knew something I didn't.

Same. I logged into LSAC in a panic. Zero upcoming LSAT registrations were found.

Dicks.

jjrialva
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby jjrialva » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm

How many fee waivers do people usually receive?

I have like 25 and 15 that are worth looking at... 4 of them super-reach schools... (I know they don't mean anything besides saving money)

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:14 am

jjrialva wrote:How many fee waivers do people usually receive?

I have like 25 and 15 that are worth looking at... 4 of them super-reach schools... (I know they don't mean anything besides saving money)


I've gotten 7 that I feel are worth considering applying to (plus 2 from WUSTL, W&L which waived fees), and then however many more that I just mark as spam or throw in the garbage from schools I would never consider (seton hall, western california something, john marshall in atlanta, etc etc).

I only have an LSAT score on record though, so others I imagine have more.

LSP12
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby LSP12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 am

Anyone hear anything from Notre Dame?
Sorry if I missed something in the thread - but the spreadsheet shows that their unsolicited merit waivers have not been sent out yet.

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:34 am

LSP12 wrote:Anyone hear anything from Notre Dame?
Sorry if I missed something in the thread - but the spreadsheet shows that their unsolicited merit waivers have not been sent out yet.


I received a lot of stuff over the summer from them

honeycomb
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby honeycomb » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:06 pm

Anybody get University of Washington? I tried to solicit back in September but they told me to wait until October 1... :oops:

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:49 pm

honeycomb wrote:Anybody get University of Washington? I tried to solicit back in September but they told me to wait until October 1... :oops:


Would you really consider going there? They offer almost no merit-based scholarship and place almost exclusively in the state. I actually don't think there is any stingier T1 school.

honeycomb
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 10:26 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby honeycomb » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:21 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
honeycomb wrote:Anybody get University of Washington? I tried to solicit back in September but they told me to wait until October 1... :oops:


Would you really consider going there? They offer almost no merit-based scholarship and place almost exclusively in the state. I actually don't think there is any stingier T1 school.


I would actually, for a number of reasons, not least of which is that I am from the West Coast and would be more than happy to stay out there.

Without a fee waiver? Not sure. Without merit-based scholarship? Probably not. But with a fee waiver I don't see the harm in applying.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

I received an unsolicited UW fee waiver on September 28.

User avatar
Crowing
Posts: 2636
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Crowing » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Yukos wrote:I received an unsolicited UW fee waiver on September 28.


I was sent an e-mail encouraging me to apply on 9/28 but it doesn't say anything about waiving the application fee.

User avatar
facile princeps
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby facile princeps » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:20 pm

Crowing wrote:I was sent an e-mail encouraging me to apply on 9/28 but it doesn't say anything about waiving the application fee.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:18 pm

lol you guys are right, no waiver. Those motherfuckers really are stingy.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], TripTrip and 2 guests