Law School Application Super Spreadsheet, 2012-2013

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:19 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone think there is a chance that the LSN people are no longer actively updating their website? It's getting really late to add this cycle.


Thinking the same thing

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:24 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone think there is a chance that the LSN people are no longer actively updating their website? It's getting really late to add this cycle.


Thinking the same thing
I'll get in contact with them and see what's up.

Also found a Pepperdine waiver in my spam folder.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby bernaldiaz » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone think there is a chance that the LSN people are no longer actively updating their website? It's getting really late to add this cycle.


Thinking the same thing
I'll get in contact with them and see what's up.

Also found a Pepperdine waiver in my spam folder.


Where it belongs haha

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:47 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
bernaldiaz wrote:Anyone think there is a chance that the LSN people are no longer actively updating their website? It's getting really late to add this cycle.


Thinking the same thing
I'll get in contact with them and see what's up.

Also found a Pepperdine waiver in my spam folder.


Where it belongs haha
Not like I saved it...just thought I'd let folks know.

I've emailed the LSN guys, but who knows if they'll get back to me. If they aren't updating the site they might not be checking the support email.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:03 pm

I got an email from pepperdine today but it doesn't look like it's a waiver, just something about the merit scholarship.

Did yours specifically say waiver? Should I request one?

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 pm

cahwc12 wrote:I got an email from pepperdine today but it doesn't look like it's a waiver, just something about the merit scholarship.

Did yours specifically say waiver? Should I request one?
I remember it saying that but also that my fee was waived...its permanently deleted so I can't go back and check

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby geary86 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:01 am

shadowofjazz wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:I got an email from pepperdine today but it doesn't look like it's a waiver, just something about the merit scholarship.

Did yours specifically say waiver? Should I request one?
I remember it saying that but also that my fee was waived...its permanently deleted so I can't go back and check


It is a fee waiver :D

"I invite you to apply to our program, and if you do so via the LSAC's online law school application system, the $60 application fee will be automatically waived."

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby elterrible78 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:08 am

So is Penn really just a firm no on solicited merit-based fee waivers? It looks like I don't have a hidden waiver, and I definitely haven't gotten an e-mail from them yet. At a 3.95 / 178, you'd think I'd merit one (har har), but is it just a waste of time to ask?

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:35 am

elterrible78 wrote:So is Penn really just a firm no on solicited merit-based fee waivers? It looks like I don't have a hidden waiver, and I definitely haven't gotten an e-mail from them yet. At a 3.95 / 178, you'd think I'd merit one (har har), but is it just a waste of time to ask?


I see what you did there...

User avatar
02889
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby 02889 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:47 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:Would it hurt to just restart to check? My BU solicited need based didn't register in my current application but appeared after I deleted and restarted.

Do you think it's possible that the waiver would never have appeared if you hadn't deleted and restarted the app? It'd be a huge pain to go in and delete multiple applications and re-do them just before submitting, just to be totally sure there are no hidden waivers (though of course I will now definitely be doing this, sigh).

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:58 pm

02889 wrote:
shadowofjazz wrote:Would it hurt to just restart to check? My BU solicited need based didn't register in my current application but appeared after I deleted and restarted.

Do you think it's possible that the waiver would never have appeared if you hadn't deleted and restarted the app? It'd be a huge pain to go in and delete multiple applications and re-do them just before submitting, just to be totally sure there are no hidden waivers (though of course I will now definitely be doing this, sigh).

Tried that for Penn...didn't work.

User avatar
danitt
Posts: 1984
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby danitt » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Got a solicited need based from Georgetown.

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Vandy unsolicited this afternoon

User avatar
R86
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby R86 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Jazz man,

Will you put together a similar thread for ASW Travel Stipends in the future?

I would appreciate that very much.

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:58 pm

R86 wrote:Jazz man,

Will you put together a similar thread for ASW Travel Stipends in the future?

I would appreciate that very much.
I'll add it to the spreadsheet when they start releasing info.

User avatar
R86
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby R86 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Gracias.

There have been threads in past years, but they haven't had this kind of organization and accuracy.

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Dr. Filth » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

BuckeyeGirl wrote:Vandy unsolicited this afternoon

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 pm

Dr. Filth wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:Vandy unsolicited this afternoon
It's been in the spreadsheet since August...

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Dr. Filth » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:45 pm

shadowofjazz wrote:
Dr. Filth wrote:
BuckeyeGirl wrote:Vandy unsolicited this afternoon
It's been in the spreadsheet since August...

Yeah I figured I had just missed out. I was just +1'ing.

User avatar
BuckeyeGirl
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby BuckeyeGirl » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:26 pm

There have been a number of questions about waves, thought it would be helpful info. Definitley not trying to be difficult.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby cahwc12 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:18 pm

wisconsin snail mail today... looks like no waiver for me though

User avatar
WhiteyCakes
Posts: 1390
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:58 pm

Chicago agreed to refund my app fee after I received the waiver two days after submission! Very nice (and unexpected) news!

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 am

BuckeyeGirl wrote:There have been a number of questions about waves, thought it would be helpful info. Definitley not trying to be difficult.
Keeping track of waves would be a little silly. Schools that do waves do so either twice a month or once a month.
WhiteyCakes wrote:Chicago agreed to refund my app fee after I received the waiver two days after submission! Very nice (and unexpected) news!
I'll update the spreadsheet with this.

JohnMarshall17
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby JohnMarshall17 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:54 pm

I received the Cornell view book weeks ago when others also received it. Did anyone else's include a fee waiver? My parents sent me the view book, but nothing else...

User avatar
Yardbird
Posts: 1093
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Law School AppReqs & Fee Waiver Tracker 2012-2013

Postby Yardbird » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Just got accepted ED to UVA, so I won't be able to provide personal updates regarding fee waivers/application specifics anymore (I'm unregistering from CRS). I will continue to update the spreadsheet as people post waivers and info here.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, PresidentIJohnson and 4 guests